Chapter 27

Kat

Okay.. that was extremely weird now. Zoya just leaving off like that? Nah i cant believe it she would never do such a thing no matter what her situation was , especially not after meeting me she wouldn’t. Something was seriously wrong and i had to figure this out. I sprinted down the staircase but came to a halt when i was just about to bump into Zephyr.

“I have to go find Zoya, excuse me.” I TRIED to sound as polite as i could.

“Um she's gone, she met me last before leaving. Ooh the girl was in so much pain... she needed to be surrounded by her usual atmosphere. I don’t think it’s a good idea that you neglect her decision.” He spoke, concerned for her.

I was probably overreacting so i just smiled and made my way down into the kitchen area where i found Maria.

“Ma’am if you had needed assistance you could have called Maria, Maria would have been right at your service Ma’am.” Maria said rushed and i let out a small laugh.

“Oh please Maria, call me Kat. And seriously it’s alright just relax when you're around me. Trust me i don’t bite,” i winked at her and she gave me a small smile.

“But Ma’am..- uh Miss Kat. Is there anything you would like?” she asked a bit shyly.

“Yeah actually just some food.”

“Food. Um sure, what exactly?”

“Hmm something sugary.”

“Cookies Miss Kat?”

“Perfecto!” 

“Sure, I’ll be done with them in a jiffy, you could just wait out in the living area until then.” She spoke rapidly once again while she got all the ingredients out.

“No no no, let me help. Please? I used to always make cookies with mom.. i know how it goes , trust me i wont ruin anything.” I said and i knew she was trying very hard to resist my puppy dog face and finally she agreed.

I suddenly rotated my head around to the front and saw Nathan standing there smiling and staring back at us. When he saw me looking back at him he immediately looked down and began scratching his head and started acting all uneasy and then the birdbrain bumped his face in the wall.

“Nate!” i shouted and ran to him. I quickly cupped his face in my hands and blew all over his forehead where it was now going all red. A jolt of surprise and butterflies hit me when he kissed my hand. I backed away from him and looked down, “are you alright?” i asked him quietly.

“Im perfect, now.” I could just feel the smile on his lips.

“Im still pissed at you Mr Skies. Now go away i have to bake some cookies.” I said and stomped back into the kitchen and began mixing together all the ingredients.

Then, Maria let out a low rumble of laughter as Nathan came into the kitchen and hugged her from the back and pecked her on her cheek. Besides the pain in her eyes and the dark circles beneath her beautiful green eyes, there was real joy in this moment.

“Nathan get lost, we’re busy.” I snapped at him and the smile still remained on Maria’s face but with a glint of cheekiness in it this time.

“What's a guy gotta do to spent just a few moments with his mother?”

Oh snap. I stopped mixing the batter. Why didn’t i see the resemblance in the green eyes? Obviously a son is the only person who could give a mother so much joy. Maybe i was wrong...

Before i could say anything else, Maria put the batter in the oven and Nathan gave me a wink and a smile before walking away.

I actually ended up eating all the cookies by myself as Maria was too shy to help herself to any.