Chapter 15

💫Narrator💫

Jai had run back inside the house to pick up some paper towels from the kitchen, not expecting Zoya to have turned up outside just as he left. He came back expecting Zoya to be there but she wasn't so he walked back into the house to find Rose. She was sitting on the sofa reading one of her favourite magazines. 

"Um Rose have you seen Zoya?" 

"She was here on the steps a moment ago, i swear." 

Jai looked up at the staircase, "maybe she went back upstairs for something. I'll go and check." 

Rose just shrugged. Jai went back into the room, checked the bathroom and checked the room next to his but she was nowhere. That’s when Jai heard Rose shouting in the living room.

"JAI! I just found Zoya's turquoise ring outside! Where is she!" Rose began to panic.

Hearing all the noise, Asher stepped out of his room. "I gave that ring to her." Asher said.

That’s when Kat also came into the living room, "oh well that explains why it was thrown outside. And come on where could she possibly have gone, she’s probably in her room." 

"She’s not up here!" Jai shouted across punching the wall behind him.

"Well standing here punching walls aint gonna help us!" Asher said and grabbed Jai's car keys and ran outside with Jai following behind. 

Back at the farmhouse Rose asked Kat where Javed and Nathan were but Kat said she hadn't seen them for the whole day either and none were in their room. 

"Great!" Rose said, kicking the foot of the table.

"Maybe we'll find something outside in the garden if that’s where you found the ring!" Kat suggested and they both ran outside. They began observing the table which Jai had set up. But Kat's eyes saw something which Rose hadn't seen. There was a folded up piece of paper which was pressed underneath one of the plates with food. Kat slowly lifted up the plate and unfolded the paper and she read it aloud.

"The moon which rises above each six months. The low cast golden fortune teller. If a witch enables their powers with a wraith alongside a trusted human, she then connects her power through touch, with the human. Each time magic is done alongside the witch and that same human, the witch interprets more magic that she can really do. That human is now her steadfast."

Kat and Rose seemed both fairly confused. In confusion Kat placed a fist in front of a tea pot on the table. 
"Kat!" Rose said, she seemed interested in something on the table.
"What?"
"Do that again!"
"Do what?" 
"Clench your fist in front of that tea pot!" 
"Why?"
"Just do it!"
So Kat then, still confused clenched her fist in front if the tea pot. Nothing happened.
"Focus not on the pot itself, but focus on the tea inside." Rose ordered.
Kat still didn’t see the point in all of this but she did as she was told. Seconds later they heard sounds of something bubbling.
"Its coming from the pot! Kat remain your focus." Rose slowly opened the lid of the tea pot and to her shock the tea was actually boiling.. By the second Kat was way too focused because a third of the tea in the pot became so hot that the pot itself began to rumble. 
"Kat...” Rose said slowly but Kat didn’t react. "Kat stop." Still nothing. 
And then in no time the pot exploded and caused a small fire pit on the table, that’s finally when Kat snapped out of it.
Rose remained staring at the fire, "the fire in the cottage, you were angry so it grew larger. That night you were so frustrated you collapsed you were burning. Aria walking in made you cool down. Today you were confused u were frustrated you made this happen. That paper, that’s what Jai probably wanted to tell Zoya about today... But why?"
"Because that night, i took Zoya back there, that exact full moon was low in the sky when i touched her and she finally saw Mason... That makes her a steadfast and me ... A witch?"
"That’s unbelievable but somehow i believe it." Rose looked at Kat finally facing her.
Kat was just standing there when a sudden chill swept past her. She asked if Rose had felt it too but Rose felt nothing. 
"What is it?" Rose asked her.
"It’s this sort of cold chill that just passed me; it feels like its Mason. This is what it feels like when he's calling." 
A huge gust of wind swept around them, urging them both to look at a tree nearby, they both turned their heads around at the same time and there it was , the letter A just carving itself onto the tree trunk.