Chapter 30

Asher

We stopped in front of the small cottage house since there was no way that we’d reach the city on time. As soon as the vehicle stopped i ran out and opened the door to where Zoya was sitting.

“ Its okay, i got you.” I said and lifted her into my arms.

Claire quickly opened the door to the house and we ran inside and placed her onto the bed where everyone crowded around.

“Wait, so she's giving birth here? Without any doctors around? Is that even safe?” i complained.

“Yes , i think it is safe enough , Mrs Malik and i can handle it, right ?” Maria said looking over at Mrs Malik and she nodded.

“Why isn’t she awake yet?” i questioned.

“There is still some time left, don’t worry she’ll be fine.” Said Mrs Malik and flashed me a smile.

“I’ll go and get everyone something to drink,” Rose said and walked into the kitchen wiping a tear from her eye.

Everyone went into the living room leaving me there alone with Zoya.

I held her hand and kissed it. “Zoya, I love you. I didn’t respect the love i had for you but now i clearly know how precious you are and you hold all of the importance in my life i-“

“Knock-knock.”

I turned to see Nadia standing at the door.

“Um Asher I’m just going to leave now, i’ll see you guys when u head back to Amaranth, i really have to go. Nathan’s going to drop me.”

“Okay, take care.” I turned back around to Zoya and waited till Nathan started the limo and drove off.

“Asher.” Zoya’s lips parted and she said my name ever so lowly.

“Asher! Ahhhhhhhh!” she screamed and Mrs Malik and Maria ran inside with a blanket with wrapped essentials.

“Asher, outside now.” Mrs Malik said as they put a towel over Zoya.

“But-“ i said but Maria cut me out by telling me to go outside.

I quickly remembered what Jai had said and took the chance and quickly grabbed her hand just as she opened up her eyes, “Zoya, you're the world’s most beautiful girl, to me.” And just as i said that, Maria started pulling me away.

I was sitting in the lounge, eagerly  waiting to hear something other than Zoya’s screaming inside the room.

But it seemed as though Rose was much more eager than i was, i could tell by the way Zack kept complaining about how tightly she was squeezing his hand. I held both my fists up to my mouth as my feet began to tremble in an extreme way.

“Dude chill, you’re not the one giving birth last time i checked.” Zack said smacking my back.

I shot him an ungrateful glance just when suddenly we heard one more loud shrieking scream from Zoya and then everything went silent for a couple of seconds until we finally heard the baby crying.

Zack and Rose shot up in excitement, i was just stoned for a minute there. Maria opened up the door and gave us a big smile and told us we could come inside but we had to be very quiet. I watched Rose and Zack walk inside but then just as Zack was going to leap forward to where Zoya was in bed, Rose held him back and she turned around to look at me. “I think that Asher should go and meet the new addition to our family first,” she said smiling at me.

I didn’t know what to say or do, i was frozen in my place but a little tug from Zack made me move forward. I walked slowly up to the chair right next to the side of the bed where Zoya was sleeping with the little baby. I sat down next to her and couldn’t take my eyes off of the little one. This was my baby, my baby that i didn’t deserve to call mine.