Chapter 10

Everyone finally gathered up into Jai’s room late at night. Kat eventually arrived back from the doctors and began exaggerating her injury so she wouldn’t have to sit on the floor like half of the other people.
Zoya kept glaring over at Asher and Jai, giving them her most unwanted look for not saving her earlier in the night.
Rose began reading out the paper which all three of them had received attached onto their palms for the fourth time, as she is the one who’s most investigative and intelligent even with the attention span of a fly.This is a warning for these three bitches, tell them to stay out of my way or next time you’ll find them dead.”
She looked up at everybody else but still there was confusion written on their faces.
“I bet that Selena had something to do with this that's why she wasn’t found.” Kat said sneering over at Jai. “And trust me, im going to kill this person when i see him, her, and it, whatever.” She added.
Then Jai walks up to where both Rose and Kat were seated upright on the bed and said, “You girlies stay out of this,” then he looked in closely at Kat and repeated what he had just said but had aimed it mainly at Kat this time.
Kat asked him why he repeated it to her again but not to Rose, then he replied with, “because it’s you that i don’t trust at any cost, and in your case my sentence probably went in through one of your ears and then out the other one so i had to say it once more so it could possibly reach into your brain.”
Kat evil eyed him.

In the morning Rose was the first one to wake up, she quietly tip-toed over to Kat and woke her up. Kat awoke, making noise so Rose hushed her.
“Why did you wake me up?” Kat asked, whispering.
“Because, we are going to the forest to find out who did this.” Rose answered.
Kat rolled over and fell onto the ground. ‘And Jai tells me twice.’ She thought.

They both entered the forest and kept looking behind them to see if anybody from school had followed them out but luckily it was nothing other than the birds. The walk in the forest was very careful, they tried to not make so much noise but then Kat kept whining about why she didn’t decide to wear boots like Rose had. They both stop for a while and nothing except the rustling of leaves and the singing of birds was heard. Their hearts jumped when Kat’s phone rang, it was Zoya. Kat put the phone on speaker.
“Where the hell are you two, i thought you went down for breakfast but im down here and you guys aren’t here.” She spoke with not one pause.
“Well if you can’t see us there then obviously we aren’t there Zoya, and don’t worry about us we just headed off to the mall.” Kat said.
“The mall? But you guys didn’t even tell me or ask me to come!” she yelled but then behind Zoya, Asher came up to her asking to talk to her, which Kat heard him ask through the phone.
“Looks like you have other business to attend Zoya; we’ll see you in a bit, bye.” Kat quickly hung up and then they both gave eachother the relieved look.

They walked deeper in the forest not realising that they were just headed straight for the place where Kat was found unconscious.
At a point in the walk, Rose pulled Kat back behind a tree for some reason. Kat didn’t argue, her heart sped up just as she saw the tensed look on Rose’s face. They quietly peeked from behind the big tree and observed what they saw.
There was approximately around ten people at the scene. The area seemed to be the centre of the entire forest because the whole forest had trees planted everywhere but the centre had four gigantic trees surrounding it and nothing but grass was in the middle. There was four people, three guys and a girl who were standing in front of each of the four gigantic trees. And there were four other people who were standing along the perimeter of the square of trees. But what was weird was that there was a girl, whose side was facing Rose and Kat. She had a white candle in front of her and she was the only one who was sitting in the centre. Because the girls thought that they were at a great distance so nobody would see or hear them, they kept looking at what on earth was going on. But unfortunately at shocking speed, the girl sitting in the middle turned herself around to face the area around the tree where Rose and Kat were hiding.
“Selena.” Kat said looking straight at the girl sitting in the middle, which was Selena.
Selena was staring right at Kat now. Kat got the shivers and Rose now looked very alarmed. They both turned to eachother and mouthed, “Lets run.” And they ran, ran like hell but somehow Selena managed to catch up with her inhuman speed and was standing right in front of them and the rest of the other people were now surrounding Rose and Kat so there was no chance of escape.