Chapter 17

💋Asher💋

Dammit! This was Kat's mum! 
Zoya and I both ran inside and picked her up, luckily she was still breathing! We both swung each of her arms over our shoulders. I stepped out of the cave-like place but it felt as though Zoya was pulling Mrs Malik back into the cave. I also pulled back out but it’s like she was tugging even harder. 
"Oh what the hell Zoya!" I said glaring back at her.
"I can’t come out." She said in a slight whisper.
"What? What do you mean you can come out!" I yelled confused and pulled Mrs Malik's arm off of her shoulder and over my other shoulder. 
Jai gave Zoya his hand and tried to pull her out but his hand would go in except she wouldn't come out. Zoya began to sweat which showed dripping from her forehead, "it’s like an invisible wall." She said tapping and knocking in front of her and all I saw was air. 
Zoya was never good at miming back in our drama classes and she always kept failing at the 'im stuck in an invisible box' structure so this had to be real. 
I walked out with Mrs Malik and dropped her onto the floor. I need to start going to the gym again. Straight after we solve this mess. I looked over at Claire for some answers and Jai did the same.
"This underground cave kept Mrs Malik hostage because of this gigantic rock," Claire said resting her palm on the rock. "But it must be spelled, as far as I know only certain immortal beings are trapped inside because of a spell. But Zoya is a steadfast, the spell has to obey her and let her out. I honestly have no idea what is wrong." 
"Im a fucking Dhampir for gods sakes and I got out of there!" I said clearly stating out myself in front of Zoya.
"What! Dhampir means um a half vampire... Asher?" She said, but she didn't seem so shocked. I just gave her a smile and she pretty much figured that I've known this about myself since I was able to say my ABC's but never told her. 
Zoya then ignored me and looked at Jai whilst pointing at him which was clearing asking if he was a Dhampir too but Jai clearly shook his head. 
Who knew what Jai was? What will the darkness request him? He doesn't even know. 
But I was a Dhampir, Jessica and Madison were lucky that I didn't need blood to survive or else... Blondes would have been my favourite meal. Ew. Disgusting. 
"Well how the hell do we get little miss rainbows out of here!" I said punching the big rock, startling Claire.
"Asher, honey remember I can twist your little half vampire ass while watching my favourite TV show." Claire said with a tight smile as she patted my shoulder.
Claire was about to walk to the book shelves for an answer I guess but then Mrs Malik who was still on the ground, clasped her hand around Claire's ankle. 
"My daughter. Tell her everything please, only she can help you." Mrs Malik said with a croaky voice and then her face fell back onto the ground and she loosened her grip on Claire's ankle. 

Jai and Claire left to get Kat. Minutes after they left the church I had gotten a call from Kat telling me everything about Aria, and I explained how she was Ariana and it was never really Javed, it was Zephyr. Zack had taken Rose to a nearby hospital and I told Kat that Jai was coming to get her, she argued a lot about not wanting to leave Rose alone but when she heard about this new problem then she finally gave up. 
I shifted Mrs Malik into the cave where Zoya sat and Mrs Malik rested her head on her lap. I crouched down in front of them. Zoya was moving hair away from Mrs Malik's face when I finally spoke, "How are you?"
She looked up at me as if I had just shot her brother. "Rose is in hospital. Kat is a witch. You're half a vampire. Jai doesn't know who the fuck he is. Kat's mother is laying unconscious in my lap. Im a fucking steadfast. My brother is a vampire hunter. We all might die. Above all of that, you decide to ask me how I am? Im fucking amazing Asher Chambers ! Thank you for asking after completely observing my situation!"
Okay so that was not the right thing to say.. "Fair enough wrong question. So how about... How are you feeling?" I said with a serious face trying to add a hint of cuteness in my voice. Above everything, at least she managed a small smile before picking up some dirt from the ground next to her and throwing it on to my face. 
Zoya stroked Mrs Malik's hair as we both talked about old memories we shared for the past hour. At times we laughed so hard that our stomachs hurt. And at times I saw her turn around to wipe a small tear. No matter how upset she was, I knew if I went down memory lane with her then everything will be fine, at least for a while.