4. The train

Water can wash away blood, but it can't wash away grief and it was slowly kicking in. I felt the dark chimeras circling around me ready to attack, the moment I'll be too weak to push them away. The water was mild, nearly cold the towel had no smell at all. I wondered, who the clothes belonged to, but they must have been Kun's, because the redhead was too tall and Kun was just a few centimeters taller than me. When I finished I refused to look into the mirror covering my wet hair with the towel.

The train smelled like dust, it hit me the moment I opened the small door, and followed the redhead back to number nine. Kun looked up from his book when I entered. This playful smile made me willing to hit him again, but I just fell on the seat.

"So how did you do it?" I asked.

"Did what?" he seemed uninterested.

"Killed them, and why?" I trembled afraid of the steady note in my voice.

"Who was killed?" he seemed to make fun of me while the redhead tossed a nervous glance towards the door.

"My brother Jae and... my boyfriend, and his whole family," I spat the words out.

One glance on my hands - there was no blood, but I could nearly smell it.

"You didn't love him so much, you're not in that enormous grief," Kun smiled.

"You're..." I ran out of words that could describe an ugly and disgusting personality like this.

He smiled looking at the flying fields we were passing.

I trembled. Why wasn't I crying? It was the shock. The grief will come and hit me like a rock avalanche. I tried to concentrate on Sicheng's face in my memory. Smiling drak eyes, small teeth, the fragile figure, but my heart was numb, like robbed from all feelings, apart from anger and hate. Yes, I could feel burning hate whenever I glanced at this grinning monster opposite me, and he smiled wider, even if I refused to believe, that he could mind-read me.

"What do you want from me?" my voice sounded sharp.

"I could use a female assistant," he became serious for a moment.

I breathed in, I hated this smile, mean and confident, like if the whole world belonged to him.

"You could ask, instead..." I felt fury. "Have you been also recruited this way?" I glanced at the tall guy. "Hey redhead I'm talking to you!"

"It's Doyoung," he muttered his name quietly while his pupils jumped weirdly again.

"Can't you fix his eyes Mr. Magician?" I glanced at Kun who hid a giggle.

"I'm not his lover I don't mind his eyes. My assistants don't need to be pretty, they must be clever," he concentrated his fox eyes on me and I looked away.

I was tired of his face and the constant fear he's reading each of my thoughts.

I tried to repeat last night's events and find what I was missing. Does an illusionist and criminal like Kun make any mistakes? He's a human and one day he will slip, so if I stay close enough I'll find the proof that he had killed my family and the love of my life, and then I'll do everything to get my revenge.

I opened my eyes, it was still daytime, while the train was constantly moving with the same speed. I've never realized I have fallen asleep. It was like in the forest, but back then everything had faded into black, now it felt like a time skip. The redhead was making some crosswords in an old looking newspaper while Kun was listening to music and watching the landscape behind the window.

"Where are we going?" I sat up because I had been lying on the couch opposite to the two.

"I have shows in one more city, we will need to stay there for longer," Kun was serious.

"Will you teach me illusion?" I asked.

He looked at me and kept quiet.

"Will we stay in a hotel?" I glanced at the redhead.

"No we're invited to someone's house. He's a famous singer," Kun kept his eyes focused on the horizon.

I glanced outside to notice thick forests and mountains. We had to be far away from where we had set off. How long has I been asleep or out?

Thank you to everyone who is reading and supporting this story

Thank you to everyone who is reading and supporting this story. How do you like it so far? Who do you think the singer that invited them is?