31. The promise

Sicheng stayed right behind me and Taeil grabbed a glass with growth juice ready to fight.

"Hello, little Mistress," said Fidia with her unpleasant high pitched voice.

"I'll talk to her," Kun was serious when he walked in front of the group and stopped in the middle of the room.

"So talk," I focused on the girl, it was better she didn't catch me staring at Kun, especially that after the kiss his sight made me all hot inside.

"I've heard you're doing shows and they're quite successful," Kun smiled but it was so way apart from his real smile.

"Come on, she steals your audience and does lame performances on your knowledge," hissed Fidia.

"I told you, I'll talk to her," Kun never turned around. "I'm doing a tour around the country too, so to make life easier we decided to make a cease-fire till the last show," he contionu.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I've never had concurrence," he said.

"Trust me she's no concurrence," snorted Fidia but Kun ignored her.

"And people start to talk you're as good at me, equal, maybe better, so I could simply fight you but it wouldn't prove a thing, and I want to keep my title as the best illusionist of our times, so I'm offering a battle, a fair one. No one will get into the other's business for a few months, each will tour the cities till the last show, and then the best will win," Kun was speaking in his confident manner he did when we met and I tried to make a disappointed face.

It was so had to fake or to hate to him when it was long gone and I knew the better side of him.

He had rescued me so many times and now he wanted to give me time to learn spells and perform shows without bothering about the gang.

"What will happen then, at the last show?" I asked.

"What should happen then, stupid girl?" Fidia laughed.

"As I told you before, the best will win," Kun spoke a warmth filled me when he caught my gaze for a moment.

"That's it, yes, so leave," I straightened up.

"Oh you have to make the deal official with a handshake," whispered Fidia laughing.

I shivered, I tried not to blush, didn't do anything that would give out me or him. Kun tensed when he walked towards me and stretched his hand out.

The last time we touched..., no don't think about it - I begged my mind when I grabbed his hand and shook it firmly.

So it settled with the appointment and I saw people from the gang from time to time hiding in corners of dark streets next to theaters, but no one bothered me. I got through the mind reading part in the book, studied hypnosis and transformation spells and found our how Kun had changed the appearance of Doyoung, Sicheng and Taeil back when we visited the old witch.

I got to the chapter about dark magic, It was difficult to read, and I decided to get to know it just in case, but never ever use it if it won't be the only choice left. Sicheng was walking around the basement getting into my reading with little touches. We had made so many shows, the audience was split and I was scared each time another evening ended, as the final battle approached.

The Chou Gang made huge posters promoting it and the eveing was sold out. Taeil said we should run before that day. I was even thinking about it, but I knew there was no other way, running would mean running forever and I was tired of running. So I prepared each day, prepared to fight Fidia and the gang, I really hoped he will help me, I knew he's unpredictable, so I had no idea what he will do. He locked his place from my butterfly so I had no information at all, but as the date approached I knew a decision has to be made. Also a decision between the tow boys in my life. The one I woke up next to each morning and the one I had kissed once.

Before I could notice the day I feared was there. Everything packed and planned, the back up plan be was Taeil's plan, to ran. We had tickets for a express train that was leaving right after midnight. On this evening Ten went came with us, he was pale. The preparations in the theatre were long as I felt so different. Sicheng slipped closer to me, his hands landed on my waist.

"Promise me one thing," he said when our noses brushed delicately.

"Yes," I saw his beautiful eyes and I kissed him hungrily.

Sometimes I needed him like a remedy, especially when I was in fear and pain.

"Promise me that you will stay with the one you love, no matter what," he said.

"Sicheng," I whispered his name.

"Just promise me," he kissed me again.

"I can't," I looked away.

What if I loved both equally. What if I felt my life with him would be better. What if I've never experienced anything stronger than my longing for Kun. The kisses we had in the harbor became so real and I fell in Sicheng's arms to still it, to get water on the flames.

"You will be able to make out later, when we will get rid of them, now concentrate," Taeil went on stage and we parted.

I took a deep berth. He was still a little jealous but he laft and I returned to the preparations with Sicheng.

 He was still a little jealous but he laft and I returned to the preparations with Sicheng

Hi, thank you for all the love <3

Do you like the chapter? What do you think will happen?

Much <3