22. The blue bird

"Go away you murder," I said raising my voice.

"You escaped," said the bird and it's unlike bird-like clever eyes observed me.

"Doyoung is dead it's all your fault," I felt tears burning on my face.

A silence fell and the bird lowered it's head.

"I didn't know," it spoke with this strange parrot like voice.

„You left us betrayed us all for her! And now Doyoung is gone because of you!" I was so furious.

I grabbed the cards in my pocket and took them out throwing one towards the bird. It caught on fire on the way and hit the blue shape, soon the feathers began to burn, while the bird fell apart sie into light. The butterfly was gone and the card slid down and landed on the grass. I ran to it to see that it was my card.

Sichneg was complaining but I told him we will be back till midnight. I kissed him goodbye and jumped on the passanger seat in the sports old-timer whit new red polish. Taeil started the engine and we drove off the long and bumpy mud road through the jungle. It took two hours to get to the nearest village and one more hour to get to town. We stopped in the village and I walked to a small shop and asked for all the possible rooms or hotels.

There was a motel next to the highway and a older couple had rooms for pensioners, that's it - said a bored looking man at the counter.

"You must go to town. Tikbaku hotel is not the best, but I heard it hasn't got rats or cockroaches," said a young boy with deep dark eyas and thick brown hair who was waiting in line behind me.

"And that's it?" I asked.

"It's a pretty small town and there's nothing special here," the boy smlied.

"Taeyong stop bringing your home town down," said the shop assistant and the boy laughed.

"Yes we have culture here, you see, today there is the big show, you know this magican comes, this one," the boy - Taeyong - pointed at a newspaper where Kun's face was filling the cover.

I felt a shiver running through me and faked a smile.

"Not interested in that," I muttered grabbing the snacks and water bottles and hurring back to the car.

"And?" asked Taeil.

"Nothing here, but the Tikbaku hotel sounds kind of, but Kun is in town today," I said and Taeil opened him mouth.

"So we need to go back," he was pale.

"No, we will sneak in into the theatre, I must know what he's planning," I shivered.

Was I ready to meet him, or will I set him in flames like the bird this morning.

We reached the town and stopped two streets from the hotel. I left Taeil and walked to the park around the huge old building, there I found a good observation spot next to a tree. Soon some people came and left and I felt it will be a boring day. Hours passed and I was about to go back when a man in white hurried out of the building. He ran to the car park where a black van appeared. The door opened and a girl in yellow and white came out. Her fiery red hair gilttered in the sunlight all this bushy curls, that made her look so scary and I squeezed the card in my pocket begging myself to stay calm. I was way not ready to face her or Kun, or the gang. She glanced around and I hid behind the trunk, soon the group entered the hotel and I made my way back to Taeil. I found him when he was trying on sunglasses in a shop on the corner.

"And?" he muttered.

"As I thought the Chou Gang is occupying the hotel."

He mad a hurt face and I knew he was running out of ideas.

It was all our fault, Kun's exactly, that he was in all of this but now there was no way out.

"So we shall go back," he said.

"No we will go to the midday performance," I said and hurried to the car.

We ate dinner in a small restaurant and Taeil tried to ba polite but after all that happened he wasn't that nice to me anymore. He knew I was with Sicheng and he couldn't get between it. No one could except for the one who could but spoiled it all again. I felt the pain inside. The morning conversation, the dream, he was so close I could nearly feel him and I felt I'm going insane missing someone I should forget.

Why has he done it, that was the question I wanted to ask, because I needed to understand. It made no sense, he never loved her. I wished.

They day was too long but finally the time came and we stopped the car at the back of the theatre. I grabbed the cards and hurried to the back door there was an older guard and I smiled to him while raising one card to his nose and spinning it till his eyes became distant. He had the keys to all rooms and he led us through the huge building to one of the balconies that were out of use due to a renovation. I made him stop at the door and guard, and he did, while me and Taeil entered the lounge. The theatre was full but not as full as during the evening show. I moved closer to the balcony and stopped. Was I ready to fall? Kun was there wearing a white shirt and a jeans jacket, and he looked tired and done but as stunning as always. He explaind a trick while the ugly guy from my dream moved around the stage and then Kun looked up and saw me. He opened his mouth and I took a deep breath.

„Mexiang, do the trick," said Kun leaving the stunned boy and hurring backstage.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hi, thank you so much for over 2K reads <3

How do you like the chapter and how the story is going? Also Taeyong made a little appearence, we will definitely hear more about him and Ten :)

Much <3