34. The family

A week passed till we were able to talk about it. After we left the theatre the bodies must have vanished as there were no news in the press, no one from the audience remembered a show like that had happened. But we did. I woke up from nightmares or Sicheng woke me up with his screams. It was a whole week later when someone rang our doorbell and Ten jumped up. Was it another scientific committee, but he stopped at the door totally silent and we hurried to him and my heart jumped when I saw Taeyong. He bowed down.

"Hi I came to ask if I could join you?" he looked at me. "I guess you will need an assistant," he added.

"You?" I took a breath, Sicheng grabbed my hand his fingers were sticky.

"Kun doesn't need me anymore I don't know where to go and you're the best magician I know, please take me, I have no past, no place to go," he begged.

I glanced at Ten it was his place he was the host here.

"Oh ok, one elephant more or less won't make a difference," he opened the door wider and I glanced at the grass lawn that was leading into the jungle, was I really expecting he came with Taeyong.

But no one else bothered us. Taeyong turned our to be a witty and nice guy and he fitted in quickly. He was very skillful and he was the one who convinced me to not to give in my shows. Sicheng was a little jealous but I promised him the job of the second assistant so he was ok. Soon Taeil decided to go back to his villa, Sicheng proposed we could find a flat in our town and move in together. I agreed, and we started to look for apartments in the newspapers.

One seemed nice and the rent was ok so we decided to go and see it. We could finally move out and stop to bother Ten, Taeyong said he will rent a flat close to us to practice shows with me. So the next day Taeil drove us to town, we took a train and it seemed so different to be back there, like in a lost world. The apartment was nice the man who rented it told us everything we needed to know and I stopped in the bedroom while Sicheng laid his head on my shoulder.

"It will be just us," he muttered.

"Yes," I whispered.

Why wasn't I happy, I should be. I saw him killing the whole gang and his ex, he was dangerous. What if one day he stopped to love me, would I end up her way? I shivered and walked behind Sicheng to the living room to get the deal. We decided to read it over and sign it to move in in two days.

Minutes later I was on the street while Sicheng was shaking hands with the flat owner when I saw a blue butterfly glittering at the coffee shop banner on the other side of the street. I stopped. Everything in me turned.

"I'll be right back," I said crossing the street and jumping between the cars while the driver shouted at me. I reached the coffee shop, opened the door and got inside. It wasn't very crowded, two older ladies, a few school kids, a man with long gray hair and a lot of notes he was looking through. I walked along the tables till I saw a piece of paper on the last one in the corner. I glanced left and right before I sat down and turned the paper to me, It was a card, and letters appeared on it.

'Tomorrow Tikbaku main station, platform 7, midnight, compartment 9'

The words faded and the card disappeared in my hands. The coffee shop door opened and I saw Sicheng, he smiled to me when he walked to the table and sat across me.

"Are you ok baby?" he asked grabbing my hand.

"Yes," I said.

I felt tears forming in the corners of my eyes, it was a goodbye I knew it.

"Adi," Sicheng caressed my hand.

"Come, we need to pack," I jumped up and we left in a hurry.

The way back was difficult, I pretended to be aleep with my head on Sicheng's lap, but I was thinking all the time, Tikbaku main station never seemed so important and I glanced towards the now empty platform 7, tomorrow night he will be here, and he will answer questions, probably.

Taeyong came to pick us up and he joked in the car, I didn't have the courage to ask him if he knew about the meeting but I knew I could ask him for a favor to get me to the station the next day.

We reached the lit up hose and I saw someone on the doorstep. We needed a moment to leave the car but when we did we heard Ten shouting. Taeil had his suitcase on the doormat and Ten was fighting for it with him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You're not moving out, no! I need you, you can't move out! Please please don't move out!" shouted Ten.

"Ten are you sick?" Sicheng laughed.

"No, I... I love you all please don't move out you're my family," he started to sob.

Taeil let the suitcase fall and jumped at Ten hugging him tightly.

"You little silly, how long has it taken you to accept us," he said ruffling his hair.

I laughed.

"Adi, Sicheng don't you two dear to move out too," Ten came to us and grabbed our hands. "Or you," he eyed Taeyong up.

We laughed. Ten was actually a lovely person and I also felt so much better in his house than in this strange new flat.

"We will stay," said Taeil grabbing his suitcase and Ten helped him to carry it inside.

"Looks like we're staying to," I glanced at Sicheng, he was a little sad but tried to smile.

Soon we were all at the terrace eating a delicious supper, it turned out Taeyong can cook and Ten decided to keep him even more. I looked at the boys next to me and knew my decision was made. There was no way I would move our or leave my family. I grabbed Sicheng's hand under the table.

Hi, thank you so much for all your lovely support

What do you think about the chapter and Ten finally saying what he really feels?

There are two chapters left, who should Adi stay with - Sicheng or Kun?

Much <3