28. The helper

An hour and a haf later we were done and bowed down while we got standing ovations and Sicheng's hand was very sweaty in mine. People waited on the stairs to the changing room begging for signatures and pressing gifts in my hands when Taeil and Ten helped us to get through and Sicheng collected all the gift. He was the better one in social situations as he talked to the people while I changed into normal clothes, plain jeans, trainers and a black hoodie, and I hid my face under the hood.

We used the back door to leave and Ten joked loud, he said I was amazing but he still didn't believe I can produce fog out of nothing. Taeil was quiet, he walked a little behind me and I knew he stared at mine and Sicheng's intertwined hands. The night air was cool and I sighed because it gave me the nostalgic feeling of missing. I wished Doyoung could be here and see me, he would be proud and I saw his kind smile and precious face in my mind. I turned to look at the park on the opposite side of the street and saw a tiny light moving around the branches of a old oak, it flattered like a bigger firefly and I narrowed my eyes to recognize a blue butterfly, the hair on my body jumped up and I let go of Sicheng's hand.

"I need some time for myself boys," I said stopping on the pavement and all opened their mouths to ask questions. "We'll meet at the hotel" I added.

"But babe?" Sicheng came closer and laid his skinny hands on my face.

"I'll be back soon," I pecked his lips and ran through the street to the park while they stood there confused, but after a short conversation they moved towards the car park and I took a breath. The park was completely dark as all the lamps were out, the harbor laid right on the other side with a long street walk and some benches you could admire the bay from.

The light of the butterfly became bigger between the tress and I stepped on the carpet like moose when I followed crossing lawns and alleys, all perfectly empty. The long riverbank was deserted and some distant ship lights disappeared on the horizon. I glanced left and right and I noticed a dark shape sitting cross legged on one of the benches. My heart was one mess of fear and excitement when I walked closer with the butterfly leading me, till it sat on the edge of the bench and I stopped right beside the person I wanted to see for ages.

"Hi," muttered Kun raising his head, his chin supported on his hands.

"Hi," I barely breathed, barely spoke when our eyes met.

"Congrats on the show it was flawless," he said and I shivered, how come I never felt him in the audience.

"Where you..." I stopped.

"Sit, you need a second lesson," he said and I shivered while I lowered myself on the bench and sat cross legged opposite to him mirroring his position.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can't help you, I'm just here to give advice to the night sky and the sleeping birds," whispered Kun and a shiver ran down my spine.

"The birds listen in their dreams," I said.

"Oh they do," his eyes glittered and I was melting in their dark brown shade. "Mind-reading is a difficult subject," said Kun and I shivered, I began to study the chapter about mind-reading in the spell book and I was about to try it out after the show, how could he... but I got used to him knowing everything before it could get exposed or happen.

So I closed my mind to all thoughts in me and listened carefully.

"As I said mind-reading is difficult. Once you open it up and let the thoughts in, they storm your head like a flood, and it mades a avalanche of noise," continued Kun. "Some were driven mental by the experience, wasn't able to recognize their own voice in the stream. Imagine this city has two million residents, imagine two million inner dialogues that are storming your head at once," he whispered and I felt the shiver reached my toes.

I should be focused not turned on.

"But like a capacitor, that takes different electricity strings and divides them into a logical and necessary way, you can create a helper, who will suffer all the mess for you and fish out the pearl you want and need to hear," Kun turned his head slightly and looked right at the blue butterfly and I shivered. "He's my ear to the fifth dimension," Kun smiled to the small insect, that was sitting there so peacefully and I remembered it following me in so many situations.

 "He's my ear to the fifth dimension," Kun smiled to the small insect, that was sitting there so peacefully and I remembered it following me in so many situations

Hi, I want to wish everyone who celebrates Merry Christmas, and everyone a besutiful holiday. Thank you for the support. Do you like the chapter?

Kun is back, what do you think will happen in the next chapter?

P.S. I have posted a special present for all my readers - NCT 127 Imagines - if you like you can check it out :)

Much <3