30. The deal

It was the longest way to the hotel ever, the morning light filled the town and the seagulls circled above the lamps and trees when I reached the old building with Art Nouveau ornaments. The hardest part was to see Sicheng, to hug him like before. Fortunately we drove right back and Ten kept us busy for the whole day complaining about our return and running around the house with a bunch of new people, a committee of scientists, who should help him to find the volcano and rescue his residence.

Because of all the people I needed to escape into the basement, I was also glad to have a excuse to hide from everyone including my boyfriend.

The next show was in four days and after the success of the first one the tickets were sold in hours, so I needed to prepare. I also read pages and pages about mind-reading and trained with my butterfly. Each time it circled around the room soundlessly it reminded me of him and the evening next to the bay. But the Chou gang was out there, still after us, he was an enemy, so I should forget it, still during sleepless nights when I stayed at the terrace or in the basement I sent the butterfly thousand of miles away, so it slipped through the little top window into the huge room with the circle carpet and the mattresses on the floor. Mexiang was gone and his place was taken by Taeyong, the boy who was hit by the bad spell and from what I saw and heard he was a better assistant, someone who did everything Kund told him, not like Mexiang, who was so happy about being violent, but it wasn't the same and I knew Kun missed Doyoung as much as I did. I guess if there was a spell which could bring him back Kun would have tried it.

Two times Fidia tried to storm the room causing a lot of drama, but Kun was clod and slammed the door into her face. From the conversation my helper overheard they still weren't acting like a couple and she was close to a break down.

It was the evening before the second show and my butterfly was as always invisible and stayed on a tapestry with Chinese letters. The room was pretty quiet and Kun was lying on the mattress and facing the ceiling with a absentminded look while Taeyong was kneeling over a very old looking roll of parchment and studied it.

"What's the love spell?' he asked suddenly and Kun turned his head back a little.

"Nothing special," he muttered returning to his observation of the ceiling.

"It says here it can be the last rescue in life threatening situations," said Taeyong sitting up and putting some white hair strings from his forehead.

"Love like this doesn't exist nowadays so study something useful, like multi hypnosis or defense," whispered Kun not moving and inch.

"But what situations is it helpful in?" Taeyong wasn't giving in.

"Old witches say it can break the death spell," said Kun and his gaze became nostalgic.

"What's the death spell?" Taeyong straightened.

"A spell that makes it clear only one magician comes out alive... oh stop the nonsense, I told you to study multi hypnosis we will need it soon!" Kun raised his voice and Taeyong winced.

"Will we use it on the audience. It's pretty dangerous," said Taeyong.

"No, on enemies," Kun took a breath and closed his eyes.

Taeyong didn't ask anymore questions but leaned back over the parchment while Kun seemed to be asleep or wakeful and they stayed quiet the rest of the night.

It was a log journey and we took a train from the next big city no trains came to Tikbaku since twenty years said Ten, who still couldn't believe we had caught the silver express train here, nor could he accept the volcano wasn't existing, and when the third committee failed he began to dig holes around the garden and in the jungle. He even forced Taeil and Sicheng to help him and they came back each evening covered in mud, tired and angry, but Ten said if they won't help he will throw or luggage on the lawn and change the lock, so no one will be able to co into his house again.

His state was getting worse and really bothering us also because now when walking around the house we had to be very careful to not fall into any of the holes and few times me and Sicheng had to rescue different animals from the bottoms, but it didn't stop Ten.

So I was quite happy when we left the house for the show. Sicheng was quiet the whole ride, I tried my best, but we became distant again sharing only a few kisses a day, because I still wasn't able to choose or lose him.

We got a nice hotel room from Taeil's manager and soon I took the boys to the theatre to prepare. We were in the middle of setting up stuff on stage when the door down the audience opened. I jumped up and to my horror I saw the bushy red hair of Fidia who was close followed by Mexiang and a older man whose name I didn't know, but also Taeyong and to my relief Kun.

I whispered the charm that closed my mind to reading quietly and moved to the stage's edge. My heart hammered loud when I saw Kun who walked with his head low.

 My heart hammered loud when I saw Kun who walked with his head low

Thank you for the support <3

What do you think about the chapter and the magic duel?

Much <3