10. The curse

The metal opening was right enough to make me fit in and I rushed through the garden to the building, but a man crossed my way. The first thought I had was to search my pockets and I was suprised to find the deck of cards Kun had used to teach me my first trick.

"Come, pick a card," I said spreading them out in front of the man.

Hypnosis? Can the right card cause hypnosis. The right card... his card... 'Reality is an illusion' -  Kun's whisper from the first night we met laid on my skin. So if I believe cards can hypnotize a man...

He was so stunned, that he grabbed a card and gazed at it.

"Spin it three times," I said and he didi it turning the paper, that flipped in his magican trained hands.

His pupils changed to absent black and I shivered.

"Give me the card," I demanded and he followed the order blindly.

I grabbed the paper and turned it to me - 9 spades. Was reality cracking, or was I insane? Was it a dream? Was I still on this chair in the middle of the stage and Jae was alive and safe and Sicheng... Sicheng was safe in the car, but was he real or a phantom.

Kun I hate you.

"Bring Kun to me," I said and the man nodded turning around.

I waited hiding in the shadow of a plum tree. Was he a better trixter and fooled me? Will he bring them to me and they'll catch me, and hurt me? Why wasn't it important? I made this long way, I rescued Sicheng and now here I was, in the garden waiting for my enemy, because I need him, he was the only contsant in the illusory reality.

Soon I saw two shapes leaving the building, they came closer and when Kun noticed me he groaned.

"I told you to run," he said.

"Thank me later," I became mad.

"Thank you!" he raised his voice, but we heard the sound of rushed steps from the house.

"Now run and tell Doyoung to drive to the house, I'll join you later," he stopped and turned to the people in yellow and white who came closer. "Run!" he hissed and I hurried towards the gate.

I saw a huge cloud of smoke forming behind me and I slammed the gate. The car was in the same place and I reached it jumping on the backseat. Sicheng was pale, he stared at me with questioning eyes.

"Drive!" I told Doyoung but the redhead was looking from me to Sicheng.

"What?" I turned to my boyfriend and caressed his cheeks taking his small face in my hands.

He was alive, real, touchable. I leaned in to his his huge lips, but Doyoung shouted "Stop!" and I jumped away.

"Are you crazy?" I glanced at him.

"Are you crazy, he was hexed!" Doyoung was pale and I let go of Sicheng's skin.

"What do you mean?" I blinked a few times.

"It's a ancient spell used for enemys, Kun could explain it in a better way. Whatever it takes don't kiss him or you will die," Doyoung took a breath.

Taeil smiled to himself pretty amused but I was angry.

"What do you mean, I was apart from him for so long and now you tell me I can't kiss him!" I shouted.

"Yes," the redhead nodded.

"Amazing the time with you guys is a always the best in my life!" I was so furious but in this moment something hit the car and all of us jumped up.

The back door opened and Kun sqeezed himself on the seat next to me causing me to jump on Sicheng.

"Drive," said Kun and Doyoung blinked a few times before he started the engine.

"Can you tell me what this nonsense about the ancient spell is?" I glanced at Kun who looked questioningly from me to his assistant.

Than he glanced at Sicheng.

"Oh he has the casually called 'Heartbreaker Spell'," Kun smiled in a mean way and sat back.

He seemd more relaxed then before.

"Will I die?" asked a pale Sicheng.

"No only every person you will kiss," Kun raised his brows.

"If this is a stupid provoction, you two came up with!" I groaned.

"I swear it's true," Doyoung looked at me and he begged me to stay calm.

I somehow trusted him, he was always loyal, and honest, and I felt clod ice forming in me.

"Can you take the spell off?" I looked at Kun.

"Maybe," he smiled to me in his rat way.

"I've heard you're the biggest magican of our times even if magic doesn't exist, so it shouldn't be a problem," I decided to be as mean as he was.

"Sure, but it's a very old spell and dark magic needs drastic solutions," Kun stopped smiling. "I will do my best," he glanced at Sicheng in a unpleasant way and I took my boyfriend's hand and squeezed it.

We reached Taeil's house and Doyoung told me and Sicheng to go to sleep. Taeil disappeared inside the house and I couldn't look at Kun so I grabbed Sicheng's hand and pulled him behind me to my bedroom. There he sat on the bed and glanced at me with worried eyes.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said.

"Babe, we just can't kiss. We will find a solution," I took his hands.

"It will be so difficult," Sicheng smiled to himself.

"I know," I hugged him and being in his arms felt so right, but something was so different.

He laid down and tapped the spot next to him and I slipped under the blanket and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Have they tortured you?" I asked.

"They were scary, but they never hurt me physically. They heald my head," he touched his forehead and I felt something twisting inside me. "I thought I'll never see you again," he hugged me tighter.

"I thought it too," I felt the hole in me is still there, why wasn't it healing now when he was right beside me. "Rest you need it," I said and Sicheng nodded and cuddled closer.

Soon his breath became steady and I moved up quietly. It took some effort to not to wake him up when I left his arms and tiptoed to the door. The house was quiet and I walked around it, till I heard voices in the west wing. I slipped closer stopping in the dark corridor. The door to a room was open and a yellow light came out of it in a thin tickle.

 The door to a room was open and a yellow light came out of it in a thin tickle

Much <3