35. The 9th compartment

The platform was filled with steam like fog when I walked quickly. The doors of the long silver train were open. I jumped inside, the narrow corridor was lit up by lamps and for a second I nearly saw Doyoung leading me through it. I stopped taking in deep breaths. My choice was there, clear to me so it will be just a quick goodbye. I counted the compartments and stopped at the golden number 9. The door was easy to open and the place was filled with the dim moonlight. I saw his shape, he was reading, he closed the book when I stopped in the door.

"Hi," Kun got up and I trembled.

"Hi," I muttered walking closer while he raised his finger.

The lights in the compartment lit up.

"Please sit," he said and I did.

I felt the air sparkling with fire and desire. His dark eyes were so sexy when he observed me.

"I want to give you a proposal," he said and I shivered. "You can come with me, do shows with me, not as my assistant but as an equal," he stopped.

I looked at him, I remembered all too good all the people that had lost their lives because of him, from his hands.

"You killed your ex on my eyes," I said.

He lowered his head.

"You should know by now the love spell is very powerful and ancient, it never lies," he said.

"But love can change," I trembled.

"It can," he looked at me again.

"I'm not saying life with me will be easy, I did what I did to make you safe, if they had been alive they would have never stoped hunting you, they collect the best and you are the best," he said.

"I'm not," I looked towards the window.

"You are, you learnt everything I can just from a book I needed a master, the gang," he seemed humble.

"What about Sicheng?" I asked.

"He's a phantom anyway," whispered Kun.

"What do you mean?" my heart quickened.

"They killed him in his house, but used a spell to bring him back to life as a phantom because they knew they could get you trough him. He's as good as a real human but he will never die again, never age," said Kun. "Not like me."

I felt like if my breath was taken away again. I knew, I felt it since I found him, another lose I had to deal with. But he was there, touchable, and he will always be as beautiful and comfortable as he is now.

"Why did you do all of this to me in the first place?" I asked.

"The moment I saw you I knew you're the girl the gang has in mind, they feel magical energy, they hunt the ones they find useful, or hunt down the one they consider dangerous. I observed their steps for years so I found out about you and got to you before them, a evening before was enough to rescue you, and I took you. I gave you knowledge and shelter, but Sicheng came in the way and I knew you loved him more than me so I... I decided to sacrifice myself so you could kiss him again. I should have never left you. I blame myself each day for Doyoung's death. It's so horrible, so bad, but he managed to get my book to you, you learnt what you needed to know. I just wanted to get you to make myself more powerful, to have a chance against the gang in the first place, but the moment I saw you... I have never been in love before, Fidia was just a fling, a love affair and the moment I saw you I knew I could do everything and more to save you to never see you hurt."

"You hurt me more then all of them ever," I whispered.

"I know, but I had no other choice. I needed to play my role. I freed you from them. You're free. It will probably be better if you will go on with your plan. Your will have a better life with him," Kun lowered his head, his voice was shaky. "But I would love you to come with me, to stay with me, to be my partner, my lover, my girlfriend, my everything," he looked up and I felt I'm not able to breath. "So each year at the same time, same day like today I will wait here in the same train, if you will ever be willing to come with me you can enter it," he went silent.

We watched each other in the silence and I felt my stomach isn't there anymore, my heart isn't there when I got up.

But there was Sicheng waiting for me. Taeil, Ten and Taeyong, the safe home in the jungle and the boy who always loved me with all his heart.

"So goodbye," I said opening the door and walking into the corridor.

Something crackled when the train prepared itself to roll off and I realized I will never see him again. Never touch him again. Was love worth risking all for?

Hi, thank you so so much for all your support, I can't believe the next chapter is the last one

Hi, thank you so so much for all your support, I can't believe the next chapter is the last one. How do you think it will end? Sicheng or Kun?

Much <3