♡03♡

After Aya left, I went to the kitchen so I could feed Shizuka again. Then I poured her water in her water bowl and watched as she ate and drank. Every so often, she would look up at me before eating again, which I thought was the cutest thing, and I mentally told myself to tell Aya this.

Okay, it's obvious that Shizuka is not a guard dog. She doesn't even bark. But the way she keeps glancing back at me tells me otherwise. It's as if she's making sure I was still there. Aw!

A knock was heard at the front door, and I walked to the living room. "Who is it?"

"Erie."

I felt my throat close up and I swore my heart stopped beating for a second. My ex-girlfriend was at my door, and I'm sure I looked absolutely disgusting. Before Aya had gotten here, I took a walk with Shizuka, trying to get her familiar with the neighborhood. And I didn't bother putting make-up on because it was just Aya.

"Um...Hold on?"

"Uh, sure."

Shizuka trotted out the kitchen out of confusion. Erie doesn't know I have a puppy. Yet.

I threw a jacket on and pulled my hood over my head. Then I reached out and opened the door without looking up.

"Ami? Why do you have a jacket on? And who is this adorable thing?"

She bent down to pet Shizuka, and I quickly spun around so she couldn't look up and see my face. My heart was beating out of control from just hearing Erie's voice.

"I'll be right back," I said before hurrying off to my room.

After I closed and locked the door, I threw my jacket off and began applying make-up to my hideous face. Although she's seen me without make-up on, I don't think it applies to a post-break-up. You're supposed to make it look like you're doing fine without the other person. Whenever she's not around, I keep telling myself that, and I actually believe it. But then she comes over, and I forget all of that and think about how I fell in love with her in the first place.

"Ami, there's no need to put on make-up," I heard her say on the other side of the door. My heart started to pound again as I finished my mascara.

"I feel like it," I lied, fixing my hair in the mirror. To be honest, I was hoping I didn't have to worry about plastering on my fake face. I wanted to sit and do my homework with my dog.

Was that too much to ask for?

Apparently. Because now my ex that I'm still in love with is here, talking to me about make-up.

"You're beautiful without it," she said. "Don't you know that?"

"Only for, like, the millionth time," I muttered to myself. She's told me I was beautiful everyday, and that should go natural for the rest of my life.

"Open up for Erie-chan!"

I didn't want to open up. I didn't want to go out there and smile and pretend everything's fine. Because it's not. I was still hurting while she's moved on. She's probably coming here to talk about some guy she met recently.

Sighing, I went and opened the door, seeing Erie smile up at me. It reminded me of the times we would tease each other about our heights. I'd call her "shortie" and she would call me "tallie". I pushed the memories away and smiled at her.

"Ami you don't have to do your make-up for me. You can go natural, just like old times."

The old times are no more. "It's fine. I like doing this."

Erie stared into my eyes, trying to read my feelings. I wanted her to know how much I hurt and how much I need her. But I looked away, and walked around her. It was my fault we're like this. I don't deserve her.