♡21♡

As if a routine, I dialed Aya's number the next morning. Erie was still asleep, looking angelic. I slipped on my silk robe and slippers before quietly walking through the house.

Aya yawned through the phone. "This better be good, Ami," she grumbled.

I tiptoed into the living room, where Shizuka slept with Haru beside her. The dog woke up and I frowned before going to pick him up carefully. Unfortunately, Shizuka opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Owner?" She sleepily questioned. Aw! She's so adorable.

"Go back to sleep, Shizuka," I softly said, stroking her hair.

The brunette nodded before lying back down. I hurried and slipped outside before Aya could register what I just said.

"Did you finally sleep with her?!" Aya excitedly asked.

"What? No! Erie doesn't allow it!"

"It's your place, Ami. She should live under your rules! Now what did you wake me out my sleep for?"

"Shizuka...has a crush," I admitted, watching Haru mark his territory.

"Oh, she does?"

"Hai."

"It's not on Erie, is it? I would blow my head off if it was. It wouldn't even make sense with you being her--"

"It's not Erie," I interrupted.

"Then who is it?"

"Shizuka has a crush...on me."

"Shut up! No way! Finally, my dream has come true! Now for you two to get married and have babies, because I would be the happiest aunt in the world!"

Aya obviously forgot what I had told her about Shizuka. And even though I didn't want to burst her bubble, I did.

"Aya, this isn't a good thing," I told her before she could start making up scenarios about Shizuka and I.

"Why not? She's fulfilling her purpose!"

"Yeah, but if I get happy when I'm with her, she's turning back into a dog!"

There was a moment of silence on her end. "Oh no. Well, you don't have feelings for her, do you?"

"I can't say that I don't."

"Really? I thought you would've been stupid and chased after Erie. Well, if you do ever fall for Shizuka, just make the best of it until that time comes."

"I can't because I'll get attached to her, then I'll get depressed or something when the human her leaves and I won't be able to cope with that. Aya, this is just so hard for me, I don't know what to do. And then Erie keeps trying to kiss me! I'm so confused!"

"This is why I told you to kick her out of your house!"

"But if it weren't for Erie, I probably would've fell in love with Shizuka, and she would've turned back sooner. Why does love have to be so complicated?  I'm just so--eeek!"

I cut myself off with a squeal and I jumped as someone snaked their arms around my waist. Not knowing who it was, I didn't say anything. They were both about the same height.

"What? What happened?" Aya asked.

"Someone's behind me."

The person groaned. "Good morning, Owner."

I sighed in relief. "Good morning, Shizuka."

"Why are you out here?"

"I'm talking to Aya, and I didn't want to wake you."