♡12♡

"Erie! It's me! Shi--"

I quickly covered Shizuka's mouth before she could say her name. She was going to blow her cover already!

"Her name's...Kaede..." I slowly lied.

Something wet slim across my palm, and I yanked my hand away in disgust. "Did you just lick me?!"

"Hai! It's me! Shizuka! I'm a you!" She stated excitedly.

Erie looked at us like we were insane. I'm sure we sounded like it. "Ami, what's going on here? Who is she?"

"It's...a long story," I sighed, pushing hair from my eyes. "And you won't believe me--"

"I was homeless!" Shizuka piped up.

Erie raised an eyebrow while I gawked at the younger girl. Did Shizuka just lie?

"How was that so hard?" Erie asked, giving me a smile.

"I--er, I guess it wasn't," I awkwardly chuckled.

She patted my cheek softly before coming in.

Haru was sniffing Shizuka and barking. Shizuka smiled at the puppy.

"Hi, Haru! It's me! Shizuka!" She exclaimed.

"Is that why you didn't answer my texts? You were helping the homeless?" Erie asked, unclipping Haru's leash from his collar. The puppy circled Shizuka, wagging his tail happily. I wonder if he knows that's Shizuka.

"Er...Kinda."

"You're too sweet for your own good, Ami-chan. But where will she sleep?"

"Um...on the bed with me?"

Erie narrowed her eyes. "Sleeping with a stranger? How about, no? I'm sleeping with you, she takes the couch."

"I--you're--what?"

"I know you're doing this for the greater good, but I don't trust her. She could be here to take all of our things, or even hurt you. And if you got hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself."

Erie stroked my cheek with her thumb before walking away. "I'm hungry. Want me to order in?"

"Hai, please?"

I went and sat on the couch in the living room. Shizuka came in and sat beside me as well.

My mind went back to when Erie said she would sleep in the same bed as me. Memories came back in floods, and I tried shaking them away, but couldn't. One stuck out to me, when we first shared my bed.

"Erie, why did we watch that?!" I asked, cowering into a teenage Erie.

The older girl laughed and looked down at me. "I asked if you wanted to watch it. You didn't say 'no'."

"That was too scary for me! You know how I am about horror movies!"

"Calm down, Ami! It's not even real!"

"It could be!" I defended, looking up at her.

"Right. Because somebody in Osaka would run around, killing people with a mask on. Come on, Ami."

I shrugged. "Psychotic unit?"

"I'm sure there are none here. Now let's get to bed before your parents tell us to."

Erie cut the tv off, and I followed her closely behind as we went up to my room. She cut the light on and pushed me inside.

"See? No masked killer! Now get in bed."