♡27♡

"HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE GETTING MARRIED?!"

I frowned at Shizuka as we stood in the living room. I was right. She was livid.

I've been released today instead of yesterday from the hospital. Aya dropped us off and left to run some errands, while Erie was at work. And I chose this moment, while we are alone, to tell Shizuka the big news.

"Because I didn't know until yesterday," I calmly told her.

Of course she would react like this. Well, I knew it was a possibility. I thought she would cry and run away like before.

Shizuka glared at me. "WHO IS IT?!"

I rubbed the back of my neck, not really wanting to tell her. I knew she would blow up then.

So I walked up to her slowly and stroked her head, trying to calm her down. She looked reluctant in doing so, but I managed to decrease her anger. She still was breathing faster than normal, so I pressed her head to my chest.  Maybe her heart could slow down to my heart's pace.

"What are you doing?" She sighed.

"Calming you down," I replied.

"Putting my head in your boobs does not calm me down."

"Wow. You're the first person ever to say that," I joked.

I felt her softly laugh against me. Then she pushed away from me and looked up at me.

"Who is it?" She repeated.

I sighed. "Please don't hate me, Shi-chan."

"Never."

"...Erie."

She quickly went back into the state she was in. She pushed away from me and took a few steps back.

"ERIE?! WHAT...WHY?!"

"My parents!" I quickly said. "They found out that she saved me and wanted her to marry me! I even yelled at her when you and Aya were gone! I don't want to marry her!"

Her face fell. "Yes, you do."

"What? No, I don't, Shizuka!"

"One time, Erie told me you wanted to marry her. And to never try to propose to you because that's the reason you broke up."

"What? No, it's not!"

Why was Erie lying to Shizuka? Did she suspect Shizuka wanted me before we started dating? Or was she just possessive? What else has she lied about?

"How did you two break up?"

"It was...a miscommunication. It happened a long time ago, and I don't really feel like--"

"Were you happy with her?"

Shizuka's anger had subsided and I was left with a curious girlfriend. It feels great to call her that.

"Lets sit down."

We sat down beside each other, while facing watch other. I wanted to hold her close to me, but this was some serious stuff.

"Hai, I was happy with Erie. She was my very first girlfriend. And the very first person I fell in love with. I couldn't stop thinking about her, I always wanted to get her a present or something she would like, whenever I heard her bae mentioned, I would listen to the conversation. She was just the most magnificent person to me. She was so beautiful and caring towards me. And only me.

"Unfortunately, she was a rebel. She skipped school, stayed out past curfew, and refused to do homework. Yet she was so smart, so intelligent, she passed every exam. She didn't cheat because I asked her and she never lied to me. She was rude to many people and had many enemies. But she cared so much for me. She never let me hang around her other friends, thinking they would hurt me. She protected me after I protected her..."