♡31 (END)♡

Shizuka sadly walked in the house behind me that afternoon. I've closed up my shop a little early so I could cope with my distress with Aya.

"I've got strawberry ice cream for you," Aya said, giving me a tub of ice cream.

"I'm going to get fat," I commented as I picked up my spoon. "But I don't care. I want to die from food."

"A vanilla for me," Aya said, shaking her head at me. "And pizza for Shizuka."

Aya sat a box of pizza on the ground in front of Shizuka. She just stared at it sadly. Then she looked at me.

"No use in starving yourself," I told her, dipping my spoon in the cold, pink form of diabetes.

Shizuka turned back and began eating as well.

"She still understands?" Aya asked me, surprised.

"Hai, I guess. She was a person the last few months. It'll be a matter of time before she doesn't really understand anymore."

Aya nodded. "The least we can do is talk about the human Shizuka."

"I remember when I first saw her. She was completely naked and learning to walk on two legs..." I started chuckling. "Then she said, 'Owner, I'm a you!'"

Aya laughed into her ice cream. "A 'you'?"

"She said that instead of 'person'. That was the cutest thing ever, I swear. Everything was cute about her."

Before I could start crying again, I ate more and more ice cream. This wasn't fair. I haven't had Shizuka for that long, I fell in love with her, and she was ripped away from me.

"I want her back," I sniffled. "I want her back, Aya. I can't do this."

Something soft touched my leg, and I looked to see it was the dog plushie I got for human Shizuka. She had nudged it towards me and was now looking up at me.

I picked up the toy and scratched Shizuka's head. She laid her head on my knees, sadly looking up at me. I knew she wished she was human again.

Aya announced she was going to the bathroom, leaving Shizuka and I alone. I massaged her face, looking into her green eyes.

"I want you back, Nishida Shizuka. I need you back. 'Cause I'll never be happy unless you're by my side. Please come back to me..."

Tears fell from my eyes onto Shizuka's head. She didn't even mind. She just watched me cry for her.

The door opened, and Erie came in. She looked surprised when she saw the dog Shizuka in front of me.

"Where's Shizuka?" She asked.

"Right here. Believe me now?"

Erie looked down at the sad dog, who feebly wagged her tail at Erie.

"You were right..."

"I know," I snapped back, wiping my eyes. "Hurry up and go get your stuff so I can grieve."

Erie frowned. "I'm so sorry, Ami. For everything. I've been such a horrible friend to you. I know you don't care, but the wedding's off. I'm really sorry."

She looked down and walked off, probably to get the rest of her things.

·♡·

That night, after eating the whole tub of ice cream and dealing with stomach aches, I fell asleep in Shizuka's room while Aya slept in the living room. Shizuka slept on the ground in front of me.