♡30♡

Shizuka and I have been quiet with each other for the next few days. I couldn't even have a proper conversation with her without feeling the urge to cry. And when I feel the tears coming, I quickly get up and go to my room. Shizuka never asked about it. She knew.

I had to start going to a counselor a few days later, due to my "suicidal thoughts". I've only tried suicide once, and that was the weakest point in my life. Where I thought nothing could get better.

"I'm not a charity case, Aya," I said through the phone as I paced in front of the door, in my room.

"I know, but you should tell the counselor about the whole Erie and Shizuka thing. They're the reason you're like this."

"I am not suicidal, Aya. This is stupid."

"It is not! I'm your best friend that doesn't try to make out with you! You need me!"

"Yes, yes, I know. But Shizuka...I feel awful about kissing Erie, even though she kissed me first--"

"Either way, you hurt Shizuka. And you need to stop seeing Erie. Focus on building what you and Shizuka had prior to you kissing Erie that day."

"How come you just can't be my counselor?"

Aya chuckled. "I don't have a degree, Ami. Now, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. 'Bye."

I held my phone to my chest. I didn't want to go out there and face Shizuka. I'd rather stay in here for the rest of my life. But I had a shop to run.

When I walked out, Shizuka gave me a cold glance. It made my heart hurt to know that the woman I've fallen in love with hates me.

Yes, I'm in love with her. And I've recently come to terms with that. Although she's mad at me, I want to tell her. Maybe the confession will decrease her anger. Or she'll get angrier and bring Erie up.

"I love you," I softly said.

"Shut up," she replied. But I still heard her when she quietly said, "I love you too."

We went to my shop, where I opened up. Shizuka sat in the front, while I went in the back and brought out ny paintings. Her eyes were on me the whole time.

An elderly couple came in while I was getting another painting. I stayed hidden while Shizuka helped them. She looked like a natural.

Upon a better look, I realized they were the previous owners of Shizuka. The Nishidas. I've never called Shizuka by her full name before, because I haven't put two and two together.

Nishida Shizuka.

Beautiful. Just like her.

Shizuka didn't tell them she used to be their dog. And I was glad that she was learning.

"Take care, Shizuka," the elderly man said.

Weird. I don't remember her saying her name.

"Good-bye, papa!" Shizuka called.

I sat the painting down and went to my office. Did they give me Shizuka, fully aware of her capabilities? I ran my hands through my hair.

I miss when Erie did that.

That's what almost started the waterworks. Almost.

But Shizuka came in before I could cry. I blinked rapidly before looking up.

"I made a sale," she bluntly said.

The money was dropped on my desk, and I looked up to see Shizuka staring at me.

"What?" I asked, looking back down.

"You were crying."

"I was not. I had something in my eye," I lied.

"Liar. Like you lied to me about Erie. You probably don't even really love me. It's probably just for show--"

"Shizuka?"

"What?"

"Nishida Shizuka...you never told me that was your full name."

Shizuka shrugged. "It wasn't important."

"Everything about you is important, Shizuka. I love everything about you. From bottom to top. From the most obvious things to the tiniest things. Like how you eat pizza backwards. And how you like it when I play with your hair. And that even though you're mad at me, you still give me a good-night kiss, and we still sleep together.

"I love it when you roll down the car window and let your hair blow in the wind. You look so beautiful and angelic. And how you hold my hand a lot. You don't even know how much I love that.

"Shizuka, I'm in love with you. I have been for a while, but never realized it. I'm glad to finally tell you, because it's been eating me up inside. I only want you--"

"How do I know? You'll probably go back to Erie a week later!" Shizuka exclaimed.

I reached in my pocket and got out the small box. Shizuka covered her mouth as I walked around the desk and kneeled in front of her.

"Ami? I-I don't think--"

"Nishida Shizuka...will you marry me?" I asked, opening the box.

It had been the ring I proposed to Erie with. When we broke up, she gave it back to me--more like threw it--and I kept it ever since. But I'm not telling Shizuka that.

"I want you to be mine, and I want to be yours," I clarified.

Shizuka slowly nodded. "Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes! I'll marry you, Ami!"

"About time!"

We looked to see Aya standing there, smirking. "Go ahead! Kiss!"

I slid the ring on Shizuka's finger and stood up to kiss her passionately. Tears of happiness rolled down my face and I pulled back because the kiss got too salty.

"You've made me so happy," I told Shizuka.

"Yeah me...too..."

Shizuka looked down fumbling with the ring on her finger. She took a step back and slid the ring off.

"I can't," she said, handing it back to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm changing."

"What?"

But my question was answered. Shizuka started to shrink, fur covered her face, her hair shrunk, and I saw a tail growing. She was turning back to a dog.

"What? No! You can't live me!" I begged.

She only whimpered as she stood on four feet. A small bark left her mouth. She can't talk.

I cried sadly and slid to the floor as Shizuka turned back into a dog. I was too happy. I shouldn't have proposed. Then I could still have her.

Aya sat beside me to try and comfort me. But nothing could help me now. I just wanted the human Shizuka back.

Are you ready for the ending??