♡29♡

Coming to make my parents' house was a big mistake. Erie and I were supposed to make up, but she continued calling me a liar. That was throne moment I sincerely felt like punching Erie in her face as hard as I could. Because I wasn't a liar, and I would never lie to people close to me.

"I can't do this anymore!" I threw my hands up. "I'm not going to sit here and be called a liar! Look, I helped you, now you find some place to stay at and move out!"

"Fine! It's not like I wanted to stay with you any longer! You have your dumb girlfriend there, even though I could've loved you better than her!" Erie shouted angrily.

"If the roles were switched, I'm sure she would have believed me! You never really loved me, Erie!"

We were in the guest bedroom she was staying at, since my parents didn't want to hear us. And Erie pushed me against the wall and pinned my arms above my head.

"Get off!" I shouted.

"I've loved you since the day you had your first boyfriend, Nakashima Ami. I realized I wanted to be the one holding your hand, and kissing you, and making you feel loved. I wanted you to look at me the way you looked at him. That's why I was protecting you in high school. I hoped nobody would date you so I could have you.

"I'm crazy about you, Nakashima. But you've gone crazy if you think that girl was your dog."

I glared at Erie. "Move."

"No."

And she leaned in and captured my lips in a deep kiss. I tried to pull away, but Erie held my head so I couldn't move. And as much as I didn't want to, I kissed her back. Because I still felt that spark with Erie. I still loved her.

A squeak made us pull apart, and Shizuka stood at the door, watching us. She dropped the platter of cookies she had and ran away.

"Shizuka!" I called, before pushing Erie and running after my girlfriend.

She was fast, since she was a dog before.  She fumbled with the front door a bit, and I used that as an opportunity to keep her here.

I pulled her against me, and she tried pushing me away. But I kept my grip on her as I felt her sobbing against me.

"Get away from me," she cried, digging her nails into my back.

I cried out in pain, but I kept her against me still. I couldn't lose Shizuka. She's my light at the end of the dark tunnel. I feel just about happy when I'm with her. She has cute habits and does cute stuff like planning our first date.

"I'm so stupid," I told her. "I love you so much, Shizuka. I love you. Please don't leave me."

She began dragging her nails down my back, but I wasn't going to release her. Shizuka is mine and mine only.

"I only want you," I cried. What would I do without her beautiful smile? Her adorable laugh? How she tries to take care of me every moment she's awake?

Her hands went to my abdomen, where she tried pushing me away. But I kept my hold on her. I was never strong, but I needed Shizuka in my life. And I guess that's where my strength came from.

"Let go!"

"Iie! You still love me! And I'll always love you!"

"You're a liar! You love Erie!"

"If I did, I wouldn't be down here trying to make you stay!"

Shizuka fell limp in my arms. Her tears soaked my shirt, but I didn't care. Shizuka was mine and I was hers.

"I hate you," she said. "Because you still love her when you have me. All she does is hurt you, and you love her."

"I hate myself too. I love you more than I love myself. It was a mistake coming here."

"But I love you so much," she continued. "You've cared for me and loved me unconditionally. I'm so confused."

Shizuka looked up at me with her red eyes. I kissed her forehead before looking back down at her.

"You were right. I don't like being a human," she admitted.

·♡·

That night, I slept with Shizuka in her bed. I made sure to lock all the doors and windows so she couldn't get out, because she doesn't know how to unlock doors. I couldn't risk her running to Aya and tell her everything that happened. Aya was still cautious around me for my suicide attempt.

Her eyes were on me as I checked the window and walked over to her bed.

"If you love Erie, why are you with me?" She asked when I slid in beside her.

"I thought we discussed this, Shizuka," I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but you weren't clear enough," she sarcastically said.

"Watch your tone," I warned.

"You need to watch your mouth."

Where did she learn this from? Did Erie teach her sarcasm? Or said she pick it up from our fights?

"And why should I?"

"You say you love me and only want me, then you go and suck Erie's face off. That's not fair to me, Ami. I'm trying to make you happy, but you don't care. Why am I even here? I around turn back into a stupid dog and run away because I can't make you happy!"

"Don't say that." I stroked her cheek before leaning in and kissing her.

But she jerked her head away and glared at me. "Erie's mouth has touched them."

"You're so complicated."

"No, you are."

"That's why we're perfect for each other. I need you, Shizuka. You love me like nobody has ever had. I messed up, and I'm sorry."

I pulled her close to me and tucked my head under her neck. Then I let the water works commence. Her arms wrapped around my body and pulled my closer to her.

"Please don't leave me," I sobbed.

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise. I love you, Nakashima Ami."

"I love you too, Shizuka."

Okay, if you didn't understand the first half of the chapter, I understand. It was a bit confusing and sounded irrelevant.

But I wrote it because I wanted to show how Shizuka was developing as a person. She started feeling more emotions and started to feel more like a human. Kinda like mood swings, and she didn't like it.

So yeah... XD