♡26♡

After my parents left, Shizuka ran back in the room and almost tackled me. She climbed on the bed with me and hugged me, and I felt my anger turn into sadness. I didn't have a chance to tell my parents about us dating because they were already trying to plan my wedding.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized into her hair.

"Why?"

"You're going to hate me."

"I'll never hate you, Ami. I love you."

She snuggled into me, hiding her face in my neck. And she fell asleep like that.

"Are you kidding me?!" Aya shouted.

I put my finger to my lips and pointed at Shizuka.

"Sorry," she quietly said. "But you're marrying Erie?!"

"I tried to tell them about Shizuka, but they kept talking about Erie. They obviously love her."

"Well you need to fix this!" She hissed. "Shizuka doesn't deserve this! She's innocent and all she's doing is love you!"

"Don't you think I know that? Erie's in so much trouble. Where is she?"

"Waiting outside."

"Well she's gonna wait a while. I'm going to sleep."

Then I made myself comfortable, feeling Shizuka shift in her sleep. And I drifted off, hearing and feeling her steady breathing.

·♡·

Shizuka was still asleep on me when I woke up the next morning. Her hand was holding mine as she now laid on my shoulder. I took this time to study her face and how beautiful she is.

She whimpered in her sleep before saying my name. I wonder what she's dreaming about.

She started moving around before crying. I grew worried when she began sobbing my name loudly.

"Shizuka. Shizuka!" I called her name and lightly shook her.

She awoke with a start and looked down at me. Then she hid her face in my gown and started crying.

"Shi-chan, why are you crying?" I asked, unintentionally giving her a nickname.

"Dream...I had a dream about you...dying again...leaving me..."

I held her tightly against me, willing myself not to cry either. I love this cutie to death, and I admit that I was a bit selfish. That if I died, I didn't truly think of the actual toll it would have on Shizuka. She might even die of heartbreak. Could she?

"I'm staying right here," I told her. "I'm not leaving you again, Shizuka. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Ami."

Aya, who was previously asleep in a hospital chair, watched us with a small smile on her face. I looked around and still saw no sign of Erie.

"Where is she, Aya?" I asked.

Aya sighed. "Still out there. She knew you were going to be mad."

"Mad? Of course not. Furious? Definitely."

"You know, I honestly wanted to punch her again."

"And I honestly would've let you. How dare she stoop that low to let my parents do that?! It won't make me take her back, because I have this little butterball right here..."

My anger ebbed away as I thought more about Shizuka. Then I stroked her head and sighed. She's going to be livid when she finds out.

"I don't like it here," Shizuka said into my chest. "I have nightmares about you. And I don't want to have them anymore."