♡17♡

"...You made a huge mistake letting her live with you," Aya said through the phone as I walked to my job from school.

I had just told her about everything that happened last night, from Shizuka's conversation to how I cried in the pillow from Erie.

"I know, but I just couldn't let her live on the streets!" I defended.

"Poor Shizuka. I hope she's okay."

"I'm so stupid. She wouldn't even look or speak to me this morning."

"I'd do the same too! You and Erie hurt each other. There should be no reason you two should get back together. Why don't you give Shizuka a chance? She's here with the purpose to love you."

"The thing is she doesn't know what love is! I can't--"

"Freaking teach her, Ami! You lead by example! Let her catch on! She's a human, not a robot!"

"What if one of us gets hurt?"

"Shizuka only loves you, you idiot! And you need to stay away from Erie! Then you two should be fine!"

I rubbed my forehead as I got to the café. Erie was sitting at a table with Shizuka, holding a drink.

"She's only sixteen, Aya!"

"Nobody has to know!"

"You're not a good influence on me."

"I know. Now go get her!"

She hung up, and I groaned at the phone before sliding it into my pocket.

Aya makes it sound so easy, when it actually isn't! Shizuka's so young, so innocent! And I've cared for her like she was my child! I can't see myself in a romantic relationship with her! I can't see myself cuddling with her, or kissing her! It would be too weird!

I glanced back in the window to see the two laughing. I can just hear Erie's beautiful laugh.

But what does Shizuka's sound like? I've just missed her first laugh!

I frowned to myself. Maybe I should call in sick today. Yeah! That way I can avoid them seeing me and--

"Finally! I thought you wouldn't have came!" Erie's voice interrupted my thoughts.

Darn.

I spun around and gave her a small smile. "Yeah, sorry. I was talking to Aya."

"How's Shizuka doing?"

I glanced at her inside. Shizuka was sipping on the cup Erie had, and flipping through a magazine.

"Fine."

"That's good. Hey, here's the keys so you could put your things in your car."

I grabbed the keys, putting my school things and casual clothes in the passenger seat. At school, I would use a bathroom to change into my work uniform.

"You need to apologize," Erie pointed out, strolling over to me, already in her uniform. I took a moment to appreciate how good she looked with a ponytail. Stop, Ami!

"Don't you think I know that?" I snapped, unintentionally. But I still haven't forgot about last night, how she randomly kissed me.

We still slept in the same bed, just spread away from each other. And this morning, Erie pretended like nothing happened last night. She annoys me so much when she does that, and I would be ready to punch her face in.

"What's wrong, Ami-chan?" Erie pouted.

"You! And her! Everything! I feel so confused and helpless! I just...I don't know..."