♡10♡

"I'll text you later," I told Toshio as he walked to his car after an afternoon of watching movies.

Erie had been out there for a whole movie, but she kept giving Toshio weird looks. And when the second movie began, she excused herself and never came back. And Shizuka was in the backyard with Haru.

"Not if I text you first," he chuckled before closing his door.

I waved as he drove off, then I came back in the house. We were sliding into our third month of dating, and we were starting to get serious. We began spending more time at each other's house, going out on more dates, and introducing each other to our friends.

Erie didn't like him. It was written all over her face and evident in the way she acted. But she just didn't bring it up. And Aya...she tries to like him, but I can tell she doesn't. I'm her best friend, I know these things. Her smiles are fake, she struggles to find anything nice to say, and she genuinely looks uncomfortable around him.

Aya was on some trip for her class, so I couldn't call her and ask about it. But I can talk to Erie and see what's wrong.

"Erie!" I called.

"One moment!"

Seconds later, I heard the clicking of nails as Shizuka and Haru bounded into sight. They crashed into my legs, once again, attacking them with licks. Then Erie made an appearance, eating a bowl of Ramen.

"What's up?" She asked, coming into the living room.

"Why don't you like Toshio?" I asked straight away. There's no reason to beat around the bush or sugarcoat it.

Erie paused in chewing before she swallowed. "Why would you think that?"

"You give him weird looks whenever he's around. Was he an ex of yours or something?"

"No. Ami, I...You know I would never lie to you, right?"

"Of course."

The brunette sighed before sitting her bowl down at the table and sitting on the couch. She patted the spot next to her, which I sat in.

"I have seen Toshio around before, but we never met. Some days, I would see you with him. Other days...I would see him around with another blonde girl...an American one."

Erie looked seriously in my eyes, but I couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, right. Erie, that's his ex! He said so himself!"

The older girl looked frustrated at me. "Do you kiss your exes?"

"No. But then there's you. You broke every rule in the Book About Exes."

Erie waved her hand. "We're different."

"No, we're not. I hurt you, and we ended it. Many couples have gone through that. And some still stay friends. Now, about Toshio--"

"He was hugging and kissing her! And I noticed she was wearing a ring!" Erie exclaimed.

"What? I'm not understanding--"

"He may, or may not, be cheating on you with a married woman."

"...That's ridiculous! We're very serious right now, Erie. How...how could you--"

"I knew you wouldn't believe me! Look! See for yourself!"

Erie took out her phone and did something on it. Then she turned it around so the screen would face me. It was him, Toshio, holding hands with a blonde woman that obviously wasn't me. My face dropped as she slid onto another picture. It was of them hugging. I looked away.