♡14♡

Luckily, Erie was still out when Shizuka and I came back home. I went and put all the bags on my bed and began unpacking them. Shizuka stared at everything I had bought for her.

"Arigatou, Owner!" She thanked.

Wow. I haven't taught her manners. "Where did you learn that?" I asked her.

"From you. You would say it when you got things."

I smiled and continued unpacking her things. Then I went and put her things in an empty drawer I had.

"Owner?"

"Yes?"

"Can I have water?"

"Oh! Of course!"

I led her into the kitchen and got her a bottle of water. She looked at the closed bottle before staring to bite on the top.

"No! You unscrew it. Like this." I opened the bottle and handed it to Shizuka.

She looked at it funny before sticking her tongue in it. I sighed before getting myself a bottle and demonstrating how to drink it.

"Oh!" Shizuka copied me, but some started spilling down her chin and onto my shirt.

Well, she got the gist of it.

While she had fun with the water, I went back to my room and proceeded in getting everything Toshio bought for me. Including jewelry, a shirt, and hair accessories. I threw them into an empty box of Erie's and taped it up.

"Owner, does this mean Toshio won't come back?" Shizuka asked.

"Hopefully. I never want to see him ever again. I hate him."

"I hate him too! He hurt you!"

She came and hugged me, still in her wet shirt. But I didn't care. I really needed the hug, and I found myself crying on her.

"It's okay, Owner. I'm here until you're happy."

Confused, I pulled away and looked into her eyes. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm here to make you happy. I'm here to love you right. And when you're fully happy, I have to be a dog again."

I wiped my face. "So you won't be a human forever?"

"If you're unhappy forever, then I will."

As much as I loved Shizuka as a dog, I'm finding myself getting attached to her human form. I liked taking care of her, teaching her things about she human world. It got my mind off of myself and my problems.

I continued running my hand through her hair, feeling her sigh against me.

"What do you mean by 'love me right'?" I found myself asking.

Shizuka looked up at me with droopy eyes from my hand in her hair. "You told me that night that you wished I was a human so you could love me right. And your wish came true!"

"Shizuka...do you even know what that means?"

"Iie. But I'm sure it's good. You deserve the best, Owner."

She's so sweet as a girl, I thought to myself. If she was to be my girlfriend, I would be happy.

But then I immediately shook that thought away. She's freaking sixteen! It's not even legal!

But she was a dog. So age doesn't really matter with her. Does it?

"You don't even know what it means. How can you love me?" I questioned.