♡05♡

"W-what are you doing here, Erie?" I asked looking at the dog she had. Since when has she had a dog?

"Taking my dog on a walk. What else?" She laughed.

Oh, her beautiful laugh. "You...you don't have a dog."

"I was going to tell you that earlier, but you ran away from me. And I didn't want to bring him over, just in case you were allergic to him."

"I...So you aren't dating anybody?"

"Yeah, I am. My boyfriend is the one who suggested we get him."

Boyfriend. She has a boyfriend. My stomach flipped, and I felt sick. I just wanted to be as far away from her as possible.

"That's...that's great," I gave her a small, fake smile.

But Erie wasn't buying it. She placed a hand on my shoulder, but I took a step back. "Please don't..." I quietly said, crossing my arms. I didn't want her to know how bad that affected me.

"So, now we know we both have dogs, I was thinking we could set up play dates for them?"

I looked down at the brown and white puppy stuck on Erie's leash. He was attempting to play with Shizuka, who wasn't paying any attention to him. Instead, she looked up at me.

"Probably not. Sorry."

"How come?"

"Well, he's a small puppy while Shizuka may be one. And I just won't have time. With classes and everything, I'll be too tired to do anything else."

"Huh...Who's watching Shizuka while you're gone?"

I hesitated. I hadn't actually thought of that. Aya's checked up on Shizuka, because I lock her in the bathroom. Eventually she'll get bored and start chewing on things.

"Um--"

"Let me do it! I can take care of her!" Erie volunteered.

"But hadn't you just got that puppy? Besides, Shizuka's older."

"I've taken care of dogs since I was young, Ami. You know that. Please? It'll be a change for Haru to make a friend."

Haru wagged his tail furiously, barking at Shizuka. The older puppy ignored him and continued staring up at me.

"I..." I started, but didn't know what to say.

"Please, Ami?"

For some reason, my brown eyes found her blue ones as she pleaded with her eyes. She poked her bottom lip out, making my heart break. She knows I can't resist her.

"Fine."

She smiled. "Arigatou, Ami! You won't regret it!"

"Right. Well, I've got to go now--"

"Ami?"

Erie grabbed my wrist so I couldn't turn away. I felt my heart beat against my ribcage as she stepped closer to me.

"Did you see my texts?" She asked.

"Er, yeah. Why?"

She was too close to me. My brain was telling me to run, while my heart made me stand still. We haven't been this close in months.

"You do know that I love you, right?"

But you don't love me the same way! That's what I wanted to say, but I nodded instead. "Sure."

Then I walked away, calling Shizuka. The puppy bounded beside me, looking up at me out of curiosity.

I felt like crying so bad. Why was she sending me mixed signals? First she tells me she has a boyfriend, only to turn around and tell me that she loves me.