The way things used to be

"Yes." You mutter shyly.

He sweeps you up and holds you tightly, you've missed his touch.

*Dan's POV*

I need things, how they used to be. Happy, sad, funny, serious. Elise is gone. She can't control us, any of us.

I know I hurt Y/N, I was wrong. I wish I could take all that back, it hurt me too. I've never loved anyone as much as I love her, her loving eyes, her soft hair, her sweet scent, her gentle kisses and her little hands. Her touch still makes me giddy and her presence still makes me nervous. When she smiles at me, it's like a new moon: It means the start of something incredible.

She is so beautiful, so kind and so loving. I don't deserve her gaze let alone her love. I don't know why she still stands by me, even now...

Almost three years, we've been together. Finally we can marry each other and promise to be together forever, a link to our broken chain that will keep us close for eternity.

Next month we will get married, we have still got most of our decorations, clothes, invitations ect. Just a few things left to arrange.

It's Y/N's birthday tomorrow, Zoe's planned something...

*The next day*

The sun blared through our curtains and beat upon her flushed, pink cheeks.

She smiled and touched my hand gently, I kissed her lips. She kissed back, the kiss intensified and became strong and passionately.

"Happy birthday babe." I mumble between kisses.

22 years old.

She's so beautiful in the soft, morning light. Her eyes, sparkle with each smile.

A car pulls over and someone knocks on the door.

Zoe and Alfie gather us up and we set off to Brighton.

On the beach sat: Joe, Caspar, Marcus, Naomi, Jim, Tanya, Connor, Tyler, Troye, Jack and Finn. They all gathered for Y/N, a crackling fire burned before them. The sun was still rising upon the red, horizon.

The sun shone on the sea casting shapes upon the waters, choppy surface.

She beamed and laughed and hugged.

People were singing and chatting. They gave gifts and roasted marshmallows.

We huddled around the fire.

She sat opposite me.

Though we spoke in a group her and I kept eye contact.

She bit her lip and looked down before smiling at me shyly.

I winked at her, causing a rosy blush to burn her cheeks.

The waves caressed the pebbles and swayed gently.

Everyone stood up to dance, leaving us alone.

I held out a box.

Inside she found a book, filled with photos of our time together.

We cried as we sat together on the stones, reminiscing about the past.

Her head was resting on my shoulder, my arm propped her up behind her back.

She turned to me and blushed, we kissed under the sunrise, by the waterside.

The waved teased our feet with it's frothy, cold chase.

We avoided all distractions and just stared at one another in awe.

We are back.

Together.

We will never leave again.

This silence said a million words, three of which were, 'i love you'. It was said over and over, each time just as powerful as the last and first.

Because it was, is and always shall be the truth.

"I will give the world to you."