It was home

*Phil's POV*

11th May

It's been a week since I've seen Chris. And to be honest, I haven't even missed him.

No texts, no calls, no messages. Nothing.

I've kind of moved on, we didn't break up. But then again we were never a couple to begin with. I don't think he even had to ask, we were together just not official.

Y/N and Dan keep bringing him up, they think I should call him. But I don't feel anything anymore, though hearing his name does prickle my eyes with tears. I'm just concerned, I'm sure that's it.

Dan has been asking PJ about Chris, he knows nothing of him either.

"Phil!" Dan yells, breaking my bubble of thought.

"Yes Dan." I smile.

"Don't act so calm, I've been yelling at you for ages. What's got over you lately? You keep zoning out." Dan frowned.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

Dan raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Anyway, what i wanted to tell you was that I invited Chris over for dinner. Since you're staying over tonight I thought it would be a great opportunity for the two of you to catch up. Maybe continue where you left off?" Dan smirked.

Y/N leaned against the doorway and rolled her eyes at Dan, letting out a weak giggle.

"what?" Dan asked with a laugh.

"Oh nothing sweetie." She said as she left the room.

I folded my arms and made eye contact with Dan.

"I don't need to catch up with Chris, nothing's happened. Besides 'continue where we left off', I don't feel that way anymore." I shrugged.

Dan frowned and left as well.

I sat with my thoughts again.

Who was I kidding? I love Chris, so fucking much.

*Chris's POV*

I hope he still feels how I do? This is going to be very awkward but it needs to happen. I need to see him.

I straightened out my collar and hailed a taxi. As we pulled over at the house I felt my heart sink to my stomach. Butterflies tangle my insides and flutter in my neck, tickling my throat. I let out a weak, little cough in response and loosened my collar with my fingers.

My palms were clammy and hot. My legs were stiff, it was like my body was trying to stall and avoid the situation.

I was greeted by Y/N who pulled me into a hug and dragged my by the hand to the lounge where Dan and... Phil. Sat together. Approaching them somehow my heart began to sink deeper.

He smiled, relief rushed through my body and flooded my head. Standing up he opened his arms for me, I ran to him and rested my head on his chest. He cradled me slowly as I cried silently into his shirt. I brought my arms up to my face and buried my face in his body. It was safe. It was warm.

It was home.