I'm yours

*Dan's POV*

Pacing in the street, I kept an eye on the road for Y/N.

After decades of waiting, pacing, the taxi pulls over and she jumps out.

I run to her and quickly pull her close, her head fits perfectly against my chest. Her breath steadies as she melts into my arms. She grips my back for comfort and protection.

Pulling away I lean down and kiss her gently. She weakly smiles and nuzzles into my body, burying her face in my shirt. I take her bags and place an arm over her as she breathes slowly onto my body.

The driver gets out and brushes himself down.

"I'm Edward, I met Y/N in 2015 when you broke up. I convinced her to go back to London after the whole thing with Phil kicked off. You're Dan, right?" He held out a hand.

I took it happily and shook it firmly.

"Yeah that's me. Thank you for looking after her. And for convincing her to come back, we might not be here now without you. She might not be here without you." I say sincerely.

He smiles, "No problem. You guys seem awesome, really it was no problem. Anything for a friend."

We both hug him gratefully. I give him my number and wave at him as he leaves. I take Y/N's bag inside and sigh as I jump onto our sofa.

She smiles and climbs onto my knee. Her soft skin sent shivers up my spine. Her gorgeous, kind eyes pierced my being, we read each others faces for emotion.

Her small face fit in my hands like a puzzle piece. Her lips were pressed against mine for an eternity that passed in a second.

Her smile lit our dark, gloomy home. Her embrace warmed our cold, empty room.

I kept her close. When Phil arrived he just smiled and nodded before walking to his room to film.

The icy moon rolled into the sky as the sun faded past the horizon. A sprinkling of stars littered our bustling solar system and decorated the clear winter sky.

Her eyes finally met mine once more, I allowed myself to get lost in them. A rosy blush spread across her cheeks.

"We've both wanted to be here for nine years, yet we still get nervous. No words can describe how sorry I am. If I could go back and fix things then I would. No Jim, no hospital, no breakups, no Paris, no Elise. No hesitation." I broke the silence.

Kissing her tears away as they fell she wrapped her small arms around my shoulders, I held her close. Her heart beat pounded against my chest, I felt her warm breath on my neck. Her body pressed against mine, her lips pressed against mine, her heart beat in sync with mine.

The noises from the tv and the outside world faded away as I looked into her eyes.

The experiences endured have effected her greatly, her mind is strong and wise. Together we have faced so much and pushed through the worst that life had to offer.

Through it all I knew nothing about my feelings at all.

They were immaterial to me, I just knew she relied on me so my feelings were meaningless.

She thought the same.

When she realised, it was too late.

We spilt up.

Then she, tried to kill herself.

Now it's different.

I know exactly how I feel.

"I will never treat you like that ever again Y/N. You and Phil mean the world to me. Next month we will be married and we can start out life together properly. Now I know for certain how I feel. I can honestly say I love you and not feel any guilt or remorse. Y/N, I'm yours."