Iden and Willow

*Your POV*

3rd September

I can't help but wonder how Timmy will react to the twins. He seems okay with most people but he's never seen a baby and he's only two years old.

This morning Dan and I packed ready to take Iden and Willow home. Phil and Chris came over to give us a hand: Though they where a little distracted by the babies. Dan's parents are visiting in a few days which will be nice, I haven't seen them since the wedding.

Edward hasn't seen the twins either so he's going to give us all a lift home so he can meet them, of course he will also be hanging around back at the house for a brew. He is my best friend and I love him to pieces!

Iden began to wriggle and fuss so I bundled him up and swayed side to side with him, holding his little fist as he squeezed my thumb gently.

Dan walked in with Willow and smiled, he looked over my shoulder and kissed my neck. Willow was the quietest kid I've ever known, she slept for hours without a sound and even when awake she just lay there happily minding her own business. Iden however; was not so quiet. One wrong move and he would cry like tears where going out of fashion.

At around 11 am Edward arrived and immediately pulled me into an enormous hug. As he pulled away he spotted willow and jumped for joy.

"Oh. My. God. She's so cute!" He cooed looking for Iden.

When he saw him his jaw dropped.

"He's so handsome!" He booped Iden's nose playfully.

Iden just sat there looking very unimpressed at this attention and social activity. He really takes after his parents.

(a little bit later)

Phil rushed ahead of us and found Timmy straight away. He scooped him up and patted down his fur. Timmy's ears twitched as the door clicked behind us. Dan had a bag of treats in his hand which confused Timmy, he knew something was going on.

Padding across the carpet Timmy made stern eye contact with me as I placed the bassinet on the carpet as if to say 'woman what have you brought into my house?'

On further inspection he reluctantly sniffed the babies. They wriggled and moved, Timmy jumped back and looked around worryingly. Dan pulled back the blanket and urged Timmy closer. Phil got out his phone to film it.

Timmy warily placed his paw on the side of the bassinet and looked in at the sleepy babies. He slipped and touched Iden's hand. He started to cry making Timmy nervous. He slowly moved closer to the babies face. His whiskers brushed against his cheek. Iden sneezed and stopped crying and looked up at the cat completely calm.

That night when we put the babies in their cots Timmy didn't sleep on our bed, he slept in between the twins protectively. And somehow it made us calmer to know he was there with them.