The house

-London, 23rd January-

*Your POV first person*

Dan lifted my legs and carried me 'bridal style' through the front door. A cobbled path, blue skies, a white picket fence and bright peonies lining the perimeter of the lawn. The neighbours are kind so there's no problem there. The house is fairly large but cosy nonetheless, Cat and Phil very kindly unpacked our belongings.

We just stood in the doorway, fingers intertwined, smiling and kissing. We're in our house, with each other. And I have another surprise.

Ever since I met Dan he's always been going on about cats, which sounds stupid but believe me.

Finally I dragged him down the hall way towards the lounge. I stood beside him and told him to open the door.

His eyes instantly lit up and he gasped in shock.

In front of the mantle place, sat a brown, green eyed tabby. He was perched proudly upon a black sheep skin rug. Dan ran over and sat with it.

He let out a little squeal before he picked up the little cat in his large hands. Petting it carefully he looked over at me, his jaw gaping open in shock.

"IS A CAT!" He laughed with joy.

"Um, hum." I nodded, arms crossed looking at him like a mother.

He put the cat down and hugged my knees.

"Alright but aren't you going to give him a name?" I giggled.

"OH MY GOD, I CAN NAME THIS THING!" He cried.

The cat looked slightly afraid but shrugged it off and began to lick his little paws.

"awwww." Dan and I cooed in unison.

He rubbed his face with his brown paws and blinked at Dan happily.

Dan hugged the cat gently, "I'm a mother!" He cried.

"I will call him... Timothy... Timothy the destroyer of course." We laughed at Dan's reference.

"Fair enough. So Timmy," I turned to timothy, "do you want to see the rest of the house?"

Dan made him nod and held him against his chest protectively.

We walked into the kitchen and stood back to view the room in detail. Teal and white tiles, wooden floor, black marble counters and a glass dining table with green chairs.

Moving on to the bedroom: Dan's bed with the same duvet set. A blue lava lamp in the corner and his amber light beside the bed. His piano, draws and desk were pushed against the walls.

The spare room was our office. Posters, stickers and photos lined the walls. My black desk took up most of the room. A white sofa bed sat beside the window and a giant totero toy was placed on that.

Pokémon toys, figurines and collectables were all over the room, furniture and window sills.

The third bedroom was empty apart from Timmy's bed and his toys.

Phil allowed us to take one fridge animal, we took the cow. We could never take the golden pig away from Phil, we're not that cruel.

He and Cat seemed close as they waved us off, they kept looking at each other and hugging.

Dan and I spent the day playing with Timmy and taking photos of him. We were like proud parents. We scrolled through pictures of cats and said Timmy was cuter than all of them. Like a mother compares her baby to others and says hers is the best.

But let's be honest, Timmy is the cutest living mammal currently alive on the planet.

Apart from Dan obviously ^-^!