My heart did the same.

First off, soz Chris. Shit 'bout to get crazy.

22nd January.

*Phil's POV*

Texts.

Cat: Hey Phil, are you free? I'm in the UK until March, I was wondering if you wanted some company since Dan and Y/N are leaving.

Phil: Yeah I am. When and where?

Cat: Well I'm in Piccadilly circus right now so I'll meet you at Starbucks in a hour.

Phil: Sure, see you then.

The grey fog subsided and the sun peered from the clouds. The frost melted and a gentle breeze weaved through the buildings, giving a fresh, crisp edge to the morning.

(Piccadilly circus- Starbucks)

Cat was sat in the corner, sinking into the plushy sofa. She was scrolling through her phone until she caught my eye and put her phone to the side with a wide smile. I pushed through the bustling crowd and sat opposite her.

"Hello Cat, you look lovely." I smiled.

She looked down and blushed, "Hi Phil, how are you."

"I'm okay, it's a little lonely without Dan and Y/N though. What brings you to London?"

"Well I've been to see some old friends, one had just gotten married so I was visiting her and her husband. I wanted to have a little vacation period, without meetings and work you know."

"Yeah, it's always nice to see you Cat. You know you're always welcome at ou... My apartment."

She blushes again and says, "How's things love wise?" With a smirk.

"Oh, well. I'm still alone. How about you? I'm sure a tall, dark, handsome man has swept you off your feet!" I laugh.

"Nope, I'm also alone! As expected."

"Expected?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well I thought that..."

"You deserve love Cat." I interrupted her, "In fact, let me take you on a date."

Her jaw dropped, she looked astonished.

"Really?" She gawped.

"Yes, I want to take you on a date." I folded my arms close to my chest.

"Alright. Where are we going?" She asked.

"There's a great sushi restaurant near Hyde park, we could go there?"

"Sounds awesome. I need to go pick up my friend for lunch soon, I'll text you later." She stood up and picked up her coat from the sofa.

"Wait. Um Cat, do you um. Want to um, stay over, tonight, maybe?" I stammered.

"Sure! I can't wait. See you later!"

I open my arms for a hug. She rushes at me and embraces my waist tightly. I rub her back. She smells of sweet cinnamon and vanilla. We hold each other for a long while before waving goodbye.

Standing at the entrance and watching her walk away, she looked back. The wind flowing through her hair, she smiled and looked down. Before she left she winked and looked back and carried on walking.

I don't know why, or if it was in my head.

But my heart. For the first time in a while. Skipped a beat.

Not once. Every time she said my name. Every time she looked into my eyes. Every time she smiled...

Though, with Chris. My heart did the same...