Alone together

Fob, reference.

*Dan's POV*

The silvery frost that lay on the firm, frozen ground began to thaw. The clouds parted and a winter sun shone through. It's January 11th, the sun was just above the horizon and the rain had recently stopped.

The dew and rain was evaporating and the breeze was mild.

Beside me my gorgeous wife stirred and wriggled beneath the bed sheets. Today we were to fly to Japan for our honeymoon. We won't be back in London until February.

Finally Y/N woke up.

*Your POV*

You toss over to your side and smiled at Dan.

"Hey Husband." You blush.

"Hey wife" he replied.

Just the word 'wife' escaping his pink lips was enough to make you swoon and your head spin. You're married, finally. A strong hold upon him, as if he can't leave you, he's your husband.

He puts his arm out, welcoming you into an embrace. You slide closer and rest your head on his chest. His arm forms a protective shield around you. His heart beats next to your ear and thuds in time with yours.

You could just stay there.

Locked in his grasp.

Forever.

Unfortunately life must go on, time can't stop for you and you have things to do.

You've both packed weeks in advance, for once you can just lie there together.

*Phil's POV*

Im alone. It's quiet. It's cold. It's sore.

She left me like this.

Broken.

I sat back and watched everyone around me swoon, fall and be in love.

Chris asked if id meet him at Starbucks in about half an hour. It's 7am.

Pulling on my coat I heard the sounds of laughter enacting from Dan's room.

They're so happy.

So in love.

They're moving out after Japan.

I don't know if I can handle it.

The problem with being the 'nice', 'happy', 'friendly' one is that no one expects you to feel bad or get angry or feel grey. If I feel sad, no one thinks to ask about it.

I rush out the door and march through the breeze.

In the distance, Chris, slumped down on a bench exhales loudly.

Patting his shoulder his eyes light up instantly.

"Phil! Hi, how are you?" He beams.

"Oh I'm fi... No, I'm not fine. I'm really not fucking fine actually!" I burst, I just let it out.

Chris opens his mouth as to speak but closes it swiftly. Instead he pulls me into a hug.

That was all he needed to do.

"Phil, I want to talk to you. Let's walk."

As we wander down the street Chris becomes tense and nervous. His body is shaking, beads of sweat drip down his forehead, he doesn't wipe his face, he lets the drops fall.

We find ourselves in a park, it's empty and tranquil. Beneath the trees, in the speckled shade sat a proud, oak bench.

Sitting beside him he breathes in and faces me.

He closes his eyes and smiled nervously, he took my hand and squeezed it.

Looking at our hands we made eye contact.

"Phil. For a while now I've sat on the side lines. I've watched you try to love. Y/N and Elise, even Dan all those years ago. I could barely take it. We've been friends for so long, I always kind of hoped that... Well... Maybe we could be more than that. I know you say your straight but I can't help feeling that you see it too. Maybe you want to find love else where to avoid it but it's there. I know it. Phil... I love you." He blushes heavily and exhaled in relief.

I lean in and passionately kiss his soft lips. We pull away blushing. His eyes are wide with confusion and shock.

"I love you too." I whisper...