This dream we've been living

~Time skip, brought to you by magical beans.~

28th April

*Your POV*

Today is your first scan, Dan is ecstatic. He won't stop talking about it. It's really frickin adorable!

Texts:

Phil: HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY!

Y/N: Hey Phil.

Phil: YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS, DONT BE SO CASUAL OMG!

Y/N: Yes I know, I'm really excited but also nervous. What if somethings wrong?

Phil: Oh Y/N, everything will be fine. Dan will be by your side through it all, don't worry.

Y/N: I hope so...

Phil: Well I know so.

Y/N: I love you Phil.

Phil: I love you too, both of you!

Y/N: I'll tell you how it goes later.

Dan opened the door and leaned against the frame smiling.

"Hey love." He frowned, "what's wrong?"

Walking towards you he rubbed your back.

"What if... Something's wrong?" You stammer.

He kissed your cheek and took your hand in his.

"Everything will be fine, we are strong enough to take on anything! You and I could face an army. This little peanut of ours is strong and tough just like it's mum!"

You blush wildly and cup his hands.

"I wouldn't be here without you. I don't think I've ever thanked you. When we met I was in a really bad place, if we hadn't have met each other then... I might not be alive."

He tugs you close suddenly, your shoulder becomes wet and warm. Dan cried into your shoulder quietly.

"I'm so glad that you are. Y/N I love you so fucking much you know that. I've never loved anyone like I've love you. I will be beside you both forever, that's a promise. If I ever break it then... I don't know, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"I love you Dan."

You snuggle your face into his chest and breathe in his warm, musky scent.

The taxi arrives and you make your way to the hospital. Dan's fingers were intertwined with yours, his pulse beat against your wrist: Rippling up your arm.

*Dan's POV*

The wait was agonising. The tick, tock of the old clock echoing down the white, pristine walls. Nurses pacing through the wards.

After an eternity of painful silence we were called in.

"Hi guys, I'm Dr. Write but you can call me Eleanor. If I hear rightly you're eight weeks now." She smiled.

Her calming tone was soothing and tranquil. Y/N nodded and lay down as instructed. She lifted her paramore t shirt and applied gel to her stomach.

I reached for Y/N's hand as Eleanor moved over her small bump. Y/N squeezed my hand and looked me in the eye anxiously, I kissed away her worries. Eleanor smiled.

That's when we saw our baby. No words can describe the feeling. Finally it sank in. We are creating a little person, it's an actual baby. This dream we've been living for the past eight weeks now feels real, seeing our baby for the first time.

Overjoyed I held Y/N tightly, we were both in tears of happiness.

"Everything looks fine guys. I'll see you in ten weeks." She smiled.

But not as much as we did.

We immediately went into town to find things for peanut's nursery.