If I say no I'm lying

(I'm uploading this early cos Dan and Phil posted pictures with koalas)

*Chris's POV*

May 15th. Today is the day. I'm going to ask him, god i'm scared.

"Okay, Chris. No disrespect but... What if he says no?" PJ looked up at me worriedly.

"Then... I wait. The way he is with me, the things he says. He must feel something."

He nodded and leaned closer, wrapping his arms around me he sighs.

"I don't want you to get hurt Chris. Phil is a great guy, he's just scared. If he lets you know that then let him be. Nothing can get him out of that. The only person who can calm him is Dan." He soothed, rubbing my back.

"Anyway," PJ continued enthusiastically, "How are you going to ask him?"

From there the conversation lifted to much lighter topics.

*Phil's POV*

Everyone's been acting strange today, winking, laughing, nudging each other. Even Dan and Y/N have been giggling like school girls whenever they walk past. Tonight Y/N and Dan are staying over, PJ's also here. I think they've invited Chris too. I still don't know what's going on between us: one day we're madly in love, then next we hate each other. Now that I think about it, maybe it's only me that keeps changing things. Chris has never altered the way he sees me, only I have. Crap. It's me, always me. I ruin everything.

Maybe this time, He won't make the mistake of loving me.

*Chris's POV*

I'm stood in the centre of Hyde park as the crisp sun is setting. A few stars blink in the grey sky. Warm clouds shift around the sunlight. The silhouettes of black birds and gulls soared past the luminescence. It was time.

He knew nothing but that I needed his time, he did not know that I needed his heart alongside.

I held my side as if I was in pain, the wait was agonising.

After decades a black car pulled over and three dark figures shifted into view.

My heart sank with every footstep, the closer the got the deeper it fell.

Two of the figures stood aside in an embrace and ushered the third forward.

Phil slowly approached me.

My head began to spin, me knees were weak and light.

I could have been dreaming, I swear that man had a glow around his body that illuminated his strong features even more than ever. He cautiously walked up to my trembling frame.

Looking down he fiddled with his fingers anxiously.

Tears soaked his eyelashes though not enough to fall.

I held his wrists and looked in his eye.

"Hey Phil. You stubborn little bastard!" I laughed.

He let out a little snigger and looked up at me.

"No matter how many times you shut me down, i'll keep on asking. So here goes..." I cleared my throat, "Phil Michael Lester, you are so easy to fall for and hard to love. I accept your challenge. Will you do me the honour of being my husband?"

The words he said to me burned so deep.

"If I said no I'd be lying." He smiled.

We snaked our arms around one another and held each other close. Our chests fused together as our heartbeat drummed as one.

With that we kissed,

Finally my jigsaw was complete.