Christmas

The months that passed after the incident in France were agony. Birthdays, trips, events and big milestones that you couldn't experience with him.

Finally now, he's back beside you. No fear of him leaving without a moments notice. The day is set, in 16 days you will be married. At last a strong chain for you to bound yourself to him with. The cold bands that they place upon your fingers will be meaningless, it's the words said by the wearer that mean the world. The feeling behind the vows that tug at your heartstrings and send shivers up your body.

No physical object can demonstrate true affection, only the belief that one loves the other is strong enough to bind you. If that belief is not there then you're affection is false, you do not believe that they love you.

*Phil's POV*

I rise to the sound of giggles and laughter. A child is skipping across the street and tugging at her mothers sleeve and singing merrily. Her mother smiles and waves at all the passers by. They coo and rub the girls hair as they walk on.

I open the curtains completely and breathe in the sharp, frosty air, cleansing my lungs.

There's a hum enacting from the lounge, Dan is quietly clattering in the kitchen. Y/N is singing Christmas songs. The atmosphere is so warm and cosy, now finally Christmas feels real.

The smell of ginger and orange flooded through the house giving an aroma of comfort and relaxation. It smells like home.

I pull on a warm Christmas jumper and some skinny jeans before venturing out of my room.

Y/N is bent over, lighting the fire. Dan is poking at a turkey and getting out pans for vegetables.

"Oh, morning Phil!" Dan sings peering over the cupboard door.

"Merry Christmas guys!" I sing excitedly.

Y/N claps her hands like a child and hugs me tightly.

Crawling under the tree to turn on the lights, Dan shot my arse with a nurf gun. I got him back later on mind you.

"...FUCK!" Dan cried.

I snuck up on him and touched his neck, he freaked out and flopped around like a fish out of water.

"That's a bad word." I whine.

"No one heard it." He objects.

"I heard it." I frown like an infant.

"touché" he shrugs.

Y/N drags me to the table and sits me down on the blue dining chair. She sits on the *Red/orange/purple/green, grey is for Dan so you can't have that one* and Dan places the dishes on the table carefully.

He sits on the grey chair and sighs contently.

"Je mange le petit enfant." I say as Dan hands me a plate of food.

Everyone erupts into roaring laughter, they're crying and breathing heavily.

Finally we leap onto the sofa and snuggle under blankets together.

*Dan's POV*

I envelop her in the blanket and place my arm around her protectively. She nuzzles into my chest and curls up beside me in a bundle.

Her legs are wrapped up at her side neatly and her arms are bunched up by her face. She looks adorable in the gentle fire light.

The fire licks at the wood and dances wildly inside the fireplace. The tv just plays in the background of our happy conversation.

"I can't wait to be your wife." Y/N says quietly.

"I promise to be the best bloody husband in the world!" I protest.

"My baby's all grown up!" Phil cries, "I'm 31 and I'm single AF!"

Y/N and I gasp in unison.

"it's not swearing if I say one letter!" He laughs pointing a finger in the air.

"Fair enough." She shrugs.

The fire waltzes quietly in the fireplace as we exchange pleasant conversation. We laugh, we cry and we sing. All this time I never let go of Y/N, she is and alway will be by my side.