Joined in holy matrimony

*Dan's POV*

Standing still, sweating beside my best friends awaiting my bride was terrifying. Excitement was bubbling up inside me. Phil waved at his parents, I waved at mine. I realised now, Y/N had no one, other than her cousin. She had us, I hope that's enough.

My mother adores her. My farther does too, they get along so well. They do however constantly bring up grandchildren and wink at Y/N. It's uncomfortable.

*Your POV*

You stepped out of the car and took Phil's arm. He was going to give you away, he was so proud and put together.

The two of you began to walk to the doors. Darcy and Louise made their way in first sprinkling flower petals across the aisle.

Phil looked at you, squeezed your hand and lead you in.

Everyone stood up and smiled, some cried.

The piano drowned out when your eyes met Dan's. He mouths 'beautiful' causing you to blush.

Phil takes your hand, kisses it and places it in Dan's.

He pats Dan's shoulder and stands beside Chris. Chris smiles and winks at him with a blush.

Dan holds your hands in his and rubs your palms gently.

Everyone sits in silence.

After the vicar starts the service Dan breathes in slowly and smiles.

"Y/N. I want to apologise for being so blind. For leaving you. For ignoring my feelings for so long, so many times. I will take you and love you for as long as humanly possible. I will care for you whenever I can. I will need you by my side always. I have, do and always will cherish and love you. You kept me standing when all I could have done alone was fall, I wish to repay you with my love and attention. I will start by giving you this ring, it's the binding contract to my heart, I hope with it I can unlock and enter yours." Dan said calmly.

He placed the silver band on your finger and rubbed your hand again.

"I know I've been a burden on you for so long. But you've stood by me throughout, despite everything. Through death, loss and depression I've had the privilege of turning to you for comfort. By you I feel loved, accepted and wanted. These feelings I've never felt with anyone but you. I want you to feel the same way. I can't give you diamonds or money. I can give you love, I hope that will suffice. I want to bind myself to you always." You say.

You place a silver band upon his finger and smile at him.

He lifts your veil with shaky hands and kisses your lips passionately.

People clap, cheer and whistle.

Pulling away, blushing Dan squeezes your hand and you both turn to the guests and smile.

Dan puts his arm over your shoulder, you put yours around his body and he pulls you close.

People cheer as you walk down the aisle together.

Confetti flies through the sky and lands on everyone. In your eyelashes and hair.

Dan's hands move to your waist and he plants a kiss on your lips.

Standing on the church steps with Dan, your husband. Your friends and new family cheering. People taking pictures and clapping.

The whole day has been incredible.

Dan's eyes are so bright, so happy. His kiss is stronger, he has no fear of loosing you. No worry of wasting time, he had all of time to be with you until he and you no longer existed.

Everyone wandered through the streets happily towards the meadow.

In the distance the faint glow of gold fairy lights welcomed you. Strings of silver and gold lights Hung from trees and wooden beams around the white gazebo.

Soft music enacted from the balcony. The sun began to set casting gorgeous shadows in the amber half light. Dan looked amazing in the sunset.

The music was sweet and melodic, it soothed you. Only Dan's voice was hearable through the indistinguishable murmurs of the guests, it's the only voice you want to hear.

His hands controlled your body, you still melt at his touch. His smile lit up the evening sky. He moved with you slowly.

You rested your head upon his shoulder and he held you tightly. His heart beat steady against your body.

The stars began to emerge and illuminate the sky.

Fireworks explode into the night with bursts of colour and light.

Your eyes aren't on the sky, they're on Dan.

You don't have to worry that he'll disappear if you take your eyes of him, he's your husband.