More than we bargained for

(The word little and many of its synonyms are used in this part so... Small warning?)

*Dan's POV*

The hours past quicker and quicker. I felt so helpless throughout. My mind was racing. Why so early? What if something's wrong? What if i lose them?

Surely enough it's over.

However earlier we weren't expecting the doctor to say "It's time to deliver the babies."

We had twins; Iden and Willow (Quick author's note. A close friend of mine has been struggling a lot and has been through a rough time. She wanted to call a baby willow so dil with it.)

Y/N insisted on calling our son Iden after her brother and Cat had suggested the name willow if we had a girl. We thought it would be best not to call our daughter Cat though.

I cannot describe the feeling of seeing your baby for the first time. They where whisked (lol) away by nurses instantly. Swarms of people surrounding our tiny babies. I felt an urge to tackle the nurses and take back our children, parenthood is going to be tough but it's nothing we can't handle.

*Your POV, first person*

Their tiny hands, such a strong grip. Dan's eyes lit up at the sight of such small things. He held Willow so delicately, one would have presumed that he was holding a porcelain doll. The pride in his eyes as he smiled at me, the way he was so infatuated by their small features... It just, made it so real.

They handed Iden to me and all I did was stare. It may have been shock, worry or pride, (or all three) but I just cried.

Dan sat on the end of the bed with Willow sleeping in his arms. Swaying gently he hummed quietly and calmly. This is the beginning of their lives.

A gust of wind snaked through the window and cooled the air in the room, I tucked Iden up in his blanket and stroked his hair carefully.

Later on in the day Phil, Chris, PJ, Sophie, Zoe, Joe and Alfie arrived for cuddles. Phil's eyes widened and he squeezed Chris's hand in excitement. Zoe jumped up and down and looked at Alfie hopefully. PJ ran to my side and 'awed' at Iden. Phil and Chris huddled around Willow and peeked over her blanket to see her face. Both twins have brown hair and brown eyes like Dan, they're gorgeous.

I reluctantly handed Iden to Phil who looked like he was going to cry.

"I'm going to be the best uncle I'm the world that has ever existed in the entire universe!" He proclaimed.

Zoe and Sophie took turns snuggling up with Willow. Chris, Alfie, Joe and PJ walked between babies and got a good look and held their little hands carefully.

Dan put his arm around my shoulder protectively, showering me with kisses.

"We have a family now." I smiled.

"I am so grateful. I will do anything you ask. You had my fricking babies!" He pulled me closer.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"It was no problem. If anything I'm grateful you gave me the chance to have your children. As a matter of fact I'm quite fond of you!" I laughed.

"I love you." He whispered, kissing me.

"I love you too."