chapter-1

(ELIZABETH'S P.O.V)

'...And that is what you do when patient's air way suddenly blocks up', said Mr. Kellson.
The bell rang and I sighed out in relief as the lecture ended.

'That was so interesting', said Regina, as her words dripped with sarcasm.
I smiled, 'It was Gina, you'll find it even more interesting when it shows up on a question paper', I said and she made a face at me.
'I'm so glad that college finally ends today!', she squealed and jumped into the air, making her dark hair bounce.
'It opens in a month', I reminded and she rolled her eyes at me.

'Does the word fun not exist in you?', she asked and I laughed.
'I am fun!', I exclaimed.
'Uh-huh. When you get drunk', she smirked and I hushed her.
'What?! You're reputation ain't gonna vanish just because you got drunk and that was like one time!', she exclaimed.
'I dont care! The last thing I need is Mama knowing', I hissed.

'Cruella?', she asked and I swatted her head.
'Admit it! She even wears a fur coat! In the freakin' Texas summer!', she exclaimed.
'Well you can relax, no dalmatians were killed. Its fake', I whispered and she smirked.
'Girl, you seriously need to get away from that old English house of yours!', she exclaimed.
'As much as I crave too, I have no other place to go', I reminded her.

'Lizzie! You're talented and like super brilliant! Get a part time job and find yourself and apartment!', she exclaimed.
'Mama would kill me if I worked part time', I said and she rolled her eyes.
'Sometimes I wonder whether your'e related to the Queen of England or something', she mumbled and I giggled.
'She's just really old fashioned, that's all. Besides, I've been very successful', I said.
'Successful my ass', she said and I raised my hands in defeat.

'So what are you doing today?', she asked as we folded our white coats (yes, we are medical students) into our bags. 'Britney has some kind of a party tonight. I might as well go', I said and threw my bag over my shoulder.
'Your Mom lets you hang out with her but she wont let you act normal?', asked a very stunned Regina.
I laughed, Britney was a bit of a wild child, she was doing a beautician course now. Her dream is to make her mark in Hollywood and she has the talent to do so. We've been friends since kindergarten and since then there has been no separating us.

'Mama doesnt approve but her Daddy is my Daddy's friend', I said and she nodded.

'I'm gonna miss you Lizzie, come down to Cali if you can', she said and hugged me tight.
'Yeah, you too. Study girl', I warned and she groaned.

'You my friend need a serious make over! Believe me the next time we meet you better not be a virgin!', she exclaimed and I buried my face in my hands as people stared at us.
Leave it to Regina to leave with a scene.

I got in my car and drove home.
I was relieved that college had closed for a month...Believe me, Medical School ain't paradise.
I've seen people come in with their heads open...
Not a really pretty site.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself didnt I?
Well, I'm Elizabeth White, my friends call me Lizzie, Britney calls me P.P (short form for Pink Panther because I'm crazy about it!), my Mama calls me Elizabeth because it's very lady like, Daddy and Granny call me Rose because that was what they wanted to name me.
I'm 20 and I have long brunette hair that comes down in waves, my eyes are blue and compared to the rest of the girls in my family, I'm plain. I've never dated or been asked out.
I dont know why...I guess I never was the girlfriend type.
I'm more of the bookish type...I dont have any specific talents unless you can call a cartwheel one.
I'm a movie buff.
My celebrity crush is Ashton Kutcher...He makes my heart do back flips every single time he appears on screen.

I glanced at my watch; Shoot!
I was late!
Britney is so going to murder me!

You see, I'm not really into music. It's not because I hate music, it's because Mama never really allowed me to listen to pop or rock. She listens to the classics and they are BOOO-RING!
Britney is crazy about music and so she tries to introduce me to artists every single Friday after college.
She would tell me about them and make me listen to three of their songs, all of them would be video songs too.
Till now I had heard, about a dozen new artists.
My favorite was Taylor Swift...Her country girl ways reflected my life a lot.

I parked the car in front of her house.
Her Mama opened the door and she smiled brightly as she saw me.
'That's a really lovely Elizabeth. I just wish Britney here could wear something like this', she said with a tired expression.
I laughed, Britney would never go near a dress. Her fashion was ripped jeans and any type of cool looking shirt.

'You see me wearing that Mama and y'all know that I've gone crazy', said Britney as she came down the stairs.
Her Mama shook her head and walked off into the kitchen.
'You late P.P!', she exclaimed angrily and then dragged me off to her room.
I loved Britney's accent, it was so Texas! Mama would never allow me to use that slang but sometimes, it just slipped!
Daddy talks like Britney and he loves it when I talk southern.

I plopped into her bed.
'Hand me your player', she said and I handed her my Sony walkman.
'It's a band', she said as she connected the walkman to her laptop.
'I dont like rock', I grumbled.
'This is pop', she said and I shrugged.

She played one of their songs..

'Your'e insecure
Dont what for
Your'e turning heads when they walk
through the do-oh-or...'

I nodded my head to it.
It had a good beat.
'What's their name?', I asked but before she could reply my cell phone rang.
Mama.

'Turn it off!', I hissed and she quickly killed the song.
'Mama, what's the matter?', I asked.
'You need to get home early today', she said.
'What for?', I asked.

'We're having dinner with the Fredricks', she said.
'Oh, alright. I'll be there in five', I said and hung up.

I quickly got up.
'I have to go', I said and Britney groaned.
'Alright, I've downloaded the songs and so you betta' listen to them', she said and I nodded quickly and caught the walkman as she threw it.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like it, trust me, it gets better

Don't forget to turn the star gold and comment your thoughts!!

XOXO