Chapter-62

[ELIZABETH'S P.O.V]

I was a fool for believing that he would agree.

But then why did he come after me?!

Why did he cut tour and travel all the way here?

To see me get married to someone who was not him?!

I muffled my scream into my pillow and tried to not shake as the tears fell down.

Why did Liam tell me that he loved me and then say that he didn't want to be with me?

Was I not good enough for him?

Or did he want to spend his life with a celebrity like him?

I tugged at my hair as the thoughts swam through my head.

'Lizzie', called Mama and I quickly wiped my face.

I didn't bother to turn around and so instead I stood facing the open window.

'We leave in an hour', was all she said and then I heard the door click shut behind her.

A sob escaped my lips as I crashed down to the floor holding my hands over my heart.

I can't do this.

I can't marry Adrian.

Not after everything I had experienced with Liam.

I didn't know if I should hate him or forget him at the moment and it just made me even more frustrated.

'P.P', called a voice in despair and I turned to fall into my best friend's arms.

'Oh honey', she cooed and rubbed circles into my back as I cried into her shoulder.

'He said no', I cried.

'I know', she said softly.

'What am I going to do?', I asked through my tears.

'Don't do it', she said with a consoling look.

'I can't just run away', I said.

'P.P you can't marry him', she said.

'Britney I don't know what to do! I thought Liam would come with me but he refuses and now I'm stuck with a dick who has no feelings towards me! What am I supposed to do?! Am I supposed to embarrass my family in front of everyone just because I was an idiot who believed in the possibility of love?!', I asked crying.

'You're not an idiot Elizabeth', she said softly.

'I should have just stayed here in the first place', I whimpered and sank down to the ground.

'What do you want to do?', she asked crouching down beside me.

'I'm going to do what I should have done a month ago', I said and looked at the wedding dress that hung inside my closet.

Half an hour later I looked at my reflection in the full length mirror which stood at the far end of my room.

If this were really a happy day, I would have sat awed at how attractive Britney had made me look.

My natural brown hair was up in a loose bun and some strands fell down at my neck which she had curled as well.

My face had minimum makeup as Britney preferred me that way and my dress looked like it came from a fairy tale, except in this fairy tale, the Princess did not live happily ever after.

A knock was heard at the door.

'Come in', I said feebly.

'Hi', said Niall as he came in.