Chapter 43

[ELIZABETH'S P.O.V]

We all sat in a room in the hotel which the team had managed to book throughout the whole mess that just happened.

The security at the hotel was high and for once we were all comfortable with being forced away from a crowd, because what just happened was no sunny day.

'-One direction just escaped from a deadly accident which could have cost them their lives. We have live reports from the scene-'

Liam turned the TV off and gave Louis one hard look.

'I'm sorry', he said with his head hung low.

Apparently, the fire had started due to Louis throwing Kevin's so called girlfriend into the oven.

I guessed the bird didnt burn properly and just ended up exploding inside it.

According to El, it was a miracle that Louis had escaped because he was standing infront of the oven and quarreling with her for his 'rash decision', just seconds before the plan had backfired.

El sat beside him with her arms around his shoulder. It hurt to see him look so vulnerable, it just wasn't Louis.

'Well 'sorry' doesn't make any of this better does it?!', exclaimed Liam.

Louis had nothing to say and I sighed.

'Mate, he said he was sorry', said Zayn.

'Dont you side with him Zayn. All of you keep on encouraging him with his pranks', he said angrily.

'Well they keep us happy', mumbled Harry.

'Would you care to say that again Haz? Or did the simple fact that we could have died slip your head?!', he asked incredulously.

'WELL NONE OF US ARE DEAD ARE WE?!', I shouted.

Everyone stared at me.

Louis gave me a small smile.

'Honestly! Stop yelling at him!', I exclaimed as I walked out of my corner.

'Well what do you expect me to do? Congratulate him for his most epic prank?!', he asked throwing daggers at me with his look.

'No, I expect you to forgive him and to tell him it's alright instead of making him feel like some kind of killer!', I shouted fiercely.

Something flashed in Liam's eyes and he suddenly let go of his rigid angry pose.

'It was a joke gone wrong, he never meant it', I said gently and looked at Lou, who's eyes seemed to be glassy now.

'Mate, I'm sorry', said Louis with his voice quivering a bit, as he got up.

Liam sighed and looked at his best friend.

'I'm sorry for letting it out on you', he said and pulled him into a hug.

Niall, who had held his breath for so long, finally let it out.

I looked at Eleanor who gave me a smile and I grinned.

'Yup, she's defintely the one for him', said Harry after a while, which made Liam drop the embrace and turn red while I mentally face palmed myself.

'Daddy finally met Mummy', piped Lou and Liam fake glared at him.

'Well Mummy can make Daddy spank the the naughty child if she wants to as well',  I said dryly and he gulped as Liam popped some knuckles.

'Good night folks!', exclaimed Louis and darted out of the room.

'Brit?', asked El.

'Yeah?'

'I'm going to be with Lou tonight,  I mean after all that happened-', she started.

'Yeah, yeah, it's fine by me. He really needs all the love he can get right now', I said and she smiled brightly before suddenly engulfing me into a massive hug.

'I'm so glad that your safe, Elizabeth', she whispered and I smiled.

'Yeah, same here', I said and looked at her.

'I think Liam has something to tell you', she said quickly and ran out of the room, which I heard as 'Liam has your shoe'

Confused I turned around and I found Liam kicking at the floor.

'I might have to get an empty room now as El is with Lou', I said and he nodded.

'Right,then', I said and then started to walk away.

'Elizabeth wait', he said suddenly and I stopped in my tracks.

'I'm sorry', he said.

I turned on my heel and stared at him.

'I'm sorry for not having a proper conversation with you after you told me your secret', he said.

I said nothing but twirl a bit of my hair.

I mean I had no right to say anything after what I did.

'I understand if you hate me', I said quietly.

'What?', he asked.

'I mean what I did to you was unforgivable! I lead you on! Even though I was engaged to another man!', I cried and I could feel the tears coming up again.

Liam was by my side in a second and he held my face with is hands.

'Shh, don't cry', he said as the tears cascaded down.

'I'm so sorry Liam. I played with your heart! I should have told you the truth-'

But he silenced me off with his finger on my lips.

'Lizzie', he said, smiling down at me.

'Yes, it killed me when you told me that you were engaged but-'

I looked at him.

'It wouldn't have stopped me from falling in love with you', he said and my eyes widened.

'I love you Elizabeth', he said.

My eyes searched his brown eyes as his searched mine.

'I love you too, Liam', I whispered and he bent down to plant his lips on mine.

************

Tell me what you think!!
Love you to bits! 😘😘
And remember to smile!! 😊😊😊