Chapter- 51

[LIAM’S P.O.V]

‘Adrian’, said Elizabeth as she slowly got up and I felt my hands automatically roll up into fists.

‘Hello again’, said Adrian as he looked at me and I nodded at him, refusing to stand up as we had a stare down.

‘Hello’, I said with a small smile.

‘I never really caught your name that day’, said Adrian.

‘Probably because I never threw it at you’, I said cheerfully and he smirked.

‘No, you didn’t. But you did throw your pathetic boy band name’, he said with a shrug and I could feel my blood boil.

‘Adrian stop it!’, hissed Elizabeth but he merely scowled at her.

‘I hope you know by now that she’s taken’, he said and pulled her towards him.

That made me bring my attention back to him and watching him do so from a lower viewing angle made it seem as if I was helpless.

Elizabeth had an annoyed expression as he held her close and I tried to contain myself as I watched her trying to get out of his grip.

‘Then please do tell me why you called her your girl’, he said and I chuckled.

‘What?’, he asked with a furious expression.

Elizabeth gave me a pleading look but I ignored her and continued to taunt him.

‘When I said that I knew she was taken, I meant that she was taken by me’, I said calmly and I could see his rage flash through his eyes, causing his grip around her body to increase.

‘Show him your ring, Elizabeth’, he said sternly without looking at her.

Elizabeth didn’t move, instead she looked at her feet.

‘Elizabeth’, he said venomously and turned to glare at her.

‘I’m not wearing it’, she said in an almost inaudible voice.

‘WHAT?!’, he yelled and she cringed at his voice.

My grip on the chair increased as I prevented myself from jumping at him.

‘I said that I’m not wearing it now!’, she exclaimed and he grabbed her by her arm causing her to face him in a violent motion.

That’s it.

I got up to my feet and in a second I was by her side.

‘You are my wife’, he spat as he shook her hard and she cried out in pain.

I grabbed her hand and he stopped to look at me with a furious expression.

‘Let her go’, I said calmly.

‘What did you say?’, he asked cocking his head at me.

‘Let go of her, now’, I said a bit louder this time and he smirked at me.

‘Liam please’, she whimpered stuck between our grasps.

There was nothing more than I wanted right now than to feel his neck snap in between my hands but the girl in front of me prevented me from doing so.

‘Look , I don’t give a fuck about the so called claim you have over her. She is not your wife, yet! SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND AND I LOVE HER!’, I yelled furiously.

I could feel the pull from his side loosen a bit but his obnoxious smirk would not fade and he slowly smiled at me.

‘Is this true sweetie?’, he asked with a sickly sweet expression as he looked down at her and she nodded confidently, although I could tell that she was holding back her tears.

‘You’re his girlfriend?’, he asked with a raised eyebrow.

‘Yes’, she said firmly and tried to shake out of his grip but he refused to let go.

‘Okay, mate. Hands off’, I said and made my way towards him.

‘Or what?’ You’ll sing me to death?’, he asked with a laugh.

‘No but I could punch you to death’, I said temptingly.

‘Are you threatening me? Wouldn’t the paps just love to hear about this? Famous pop star punching innocent people and stealing their fiancés?’, he asked prompting me to pulverise him with every word that came out of his mouth.

‘Liam, don’t listen to him’, begged Elizabeth as she held my arm and I shut my eyes trying to contain myself.

‘Hey! What’s going on here?’, came a voice that I recognized as Harry’s and I turned to find the lads along with Britney run up to us.

‘Come on lover boy, come and get your girl’, he said and pulled Elizabeth in for a kiss which he planted on her mouth.

Before I knew it, I had him by his neck and Elizabeth was trying to pry me off of him.

‘LIAM LET GO!!’, she cried as I tried to punch him.

Adrian was laughing at my face instead of fighting back and that just made me want to kill him for his stupid guts.

‘Liam, mate!’, yelled Zayn and I felt his arms pull me away from Adrian.

‘Zayn! Get out of the way!’, I yelled trying to get back to him but the sound of a loud slap made us all freeze for a second.

We looked up to find Adrian with a very stunned expression as he held his cheek and in front of him stood a very pissed off Britney who looked like she could murder someone.

‘Leave before I decide to cut off your balls and tie them around your neck’, she growled but he glared at her and took a step towards her.

Britney refused to move an inch but Niall put a hand on Adrian’s shoulder to prevent him from taking another step further.

‘Don’t even think about it’, said Niall with a stern tone and Adrian cursed at him.

He then turned to me and spat, ‘See you at the wedding’.

I let out a loud sigh and I felt the arms that held me let go of me.

‘And we thought that you were the responsible one’, said Louis and I rolled my eyes at him.

‘Are you okay?’, asked Elizabeth as she came up to me.

‘You should have let me punch his pathetic face’, I answered.

‘Yeah, you should have. I mean have you seen Liam’s punching bag?’, asked Harry and she giggled.

‘You didn’t have to’, she said looking at me with a weary expression.

‘What did you expect me to do? Just watch as he hurt you?!’, I asked incredulously.

‘He what?!’, they all asked together and she sighed.

‘He got a bit rough’, she said.

‘A bit?! Why are you defending him?! He was threatening you! He could have hit you!’, I exclaimed stunned at her reaction.

‘Wells there’s nothing you can do about can you?! I’m marrying him!’, she cried.

‘Call it off, love. Tell your Father’, I said but she shook her head and then ran off into the house.

‘I’ll go check on her’, said Britney and chased after her.

‘You alright?’, asked Harry and I shook my head.

‘I come over here to get her back and she doesn’t want to’, I said and walked away from them so I could have some time alone.

I felt so stupid.

She didn’t want me anymore.

She was just waiting to get this over it while I sit here like an idiot thinking that this will end like a fairy tale.