Chapter-22

[LIAM'S P.O.V]

'OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!', exclaimed Britney for God knows what time as we sat in the one of the carts of London Eye.

We had all managed to get on without causing much of an attraction, although I'm sure some girl spotted Zayn and started to freak out but luckily we were next to ride.

We had stopped at a few places before and right now we were seeing all the splendor of London.

'You're really loving this aren't't you?', I asked and she smiled.

I loved the way she smiled...It just seemed to lighten up her face and everything that surrounded her along with it...

'I love heights!', she squealed and I gave her a questioning look.

'When I was little my Daddy used to throw me high into the air and it felt so magical! My heart would feel like it had grown wings of its own and I just loved the feel of air moving around you as you fell and rose', she said.

I smiled as I heard her thoughts.

'What about you?', she asked.
'Huh?', I asked.

'What makes you feel like you're flying and magical?', she asked, her eyes shining as she said so.
'You'
But I said that in my head and fished around for another answer.

'Every single time I get on stage and sing. Yeah, that', I said and she nodded.

Well it was true.

The ride was finally over and as we got down I snickered as I saw Harry's green face.

'What's up with him?', asked Britney.

'He can't stand anything that moves in any direction at great heights', I replied and she blinked.

'He gets like this on a plane too?', she asked and I laughed.

Harry scowled as he overheard our conversation.

'On the contrary, I do not get plane sick. I get sick in any other freaking thing that goes up and down', he scowled and she giggled.

'Oh please curly, a five year old would't puke on this', said El and he made a face at her.

'OH MY GOSH IT'S ONE DIRECTION!!', screamed someone.

'And that's our cue!', exclaimed Zayn and we quickly made our way out of the crowd.

'Wait up! Why are we running?!', asked Britney who was trying hard to keep up.

'If you rather be stampeded by our fans, then be my guest', hollered Harry as he ran beside her.

That made her catch up with us.

I looked to check on her and I got worried as I saw her struggling to catch up.

I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me.

'Come on, I'm not gonna leave you alone', I said and she smiled as she tried to pick up speed.

The others were far ahead of us and Britney's hand slipped from my grip.
I stopped and I found her panting for breath.

'I. Cant. Run. Any. More', she said breathing heavily.

'No you can!', I prodded but she shook her head.

'I have a slight condition of asthma', she said and that made me feel worried.

'Are you alright?! Brit! Why didn't't you tell me before?!', I exclaimed and she smiled.

'I might not be able to run more than 200 meters but I can't help it. I love running', she panted and I chuckled.

'But are you alright now?', I asked and she nodded slightly.

'A bit of water would be nice', she said.

I knew she couldn't't walk any further, she was already taking deep breaths and her talking was just making it worse.

'Do you have your inhaler?', I asked.

'I don't need one. I told you, it's a slight condition', she said and I ran my hand over my head.

I looked at her and I noticed the fans were closing in.

I grabbed her arms and swung her around my back and I could tell that she was stunned to hell as I did so.

'Hold on tight', I said and started to run again.

Her arms tightened around my neck and I held her legs securely around my waist.

I could actually feel her heart thundering against my chest and her warm breath on my neck.

I slid into a narrow alley and slowly let her go.

She slipped off and smiled at me.

'Thanks', she said and I shrugged.

She opened her mouth to say something but I quickly covered her mouth and pulled her towards me, causing her body to slam onto mine.

Her eyes were wide open and clearly read confusion.
'We're not safe yet', I whispered and she nodded.
I realized that I still had my hand over her mouth so I slowly removed it and she looked away as I saw her cheeks color up.

She was still leaning against my chest and her face was just inches away from mine. She was slightly shorter than me but it made it better for me to hold and gaze at her.

A slight breeze blew and her already windblown hair fell into her eyes and she hissed as they stung her.

I smiled and carefully brushed them away and tucked them behind her ear.

She looked up at me with her blue eyes shining and every single part of me was screaming-
KISS HER YOU FOOL!!

I slowly bent my head towards her as I cupped her face in my hands. Her hands were clasped over my heart and she spread her fingers over them as I leaned in. She closed her eyes as she lifted her face and our lips were just inches away.

I closed my eyes and started to fill the space between us and then,
My cell rang.

I mentally cursed whoever it was and prepared myself to answer it. Britney was blushing now and she took a step back from me as I took out my cell.

Harry.

ARGH!

'What?!', I hissed.

'What's up is that we can't find the both of you! Where the hell are you guys?!', he yelled and I rolled my eyes.

'We're around here somewhere', I said and looked at Britney who smiled at me.

'Well we're here at the Red Rose cafeé' so come and find us', he said and hung up.

'We should probably-', she started.

'Yeah', I said quickly and we stepped out of the alley.

I looked up to see where we were and I froze in my tracks.

Britney gasped and her grip tightened around my arm.

Directioners.

And the worst thing was, all of them had their cameras aimed straight at us.