Chapter-57

[ELIZABETH'S P.O.V]

'So what happens after this dinner?', asked Liam as we stood in a corner away from the crowd.

A lot of the guests had started to recognize the boys and they were now politely talking and taking pictures with them.

'I'm sorry if this became more like a meet and greet', I said not paying attention to him as I watched with an amused expression as Harry played with my baby cousin and made silly faces at him.

Liam chuckled, 'It's fine, but you didn't answer my question', he said and I looked at him.

'After dinner?', he asked.

'Oh then it's the bachelorette party', I said shrugging and he grinned.

'What?', I asked

'Can I come?', he asked.

'To a bachelorette party?',I asked stressing the bachelorette part.

'Yeah, women, music and alcohol. What's not to love?!', he asked and I raised an eyebrow at him.

'I mean you, music and alcohol', he said quickly and I huffed at him.

Liam started to laugh and I scowled at him as I realized that he was messing with me.

'You know I only have eyes for you', he said in a low voice that sent tingles up my spine and I looked into his eyes which only made my heart pound against my chest, but I didn't want to let my guard down that easily.

'Then you should know that the party means I, music and strippers', I said innocently.

He bit his lip looking at me and I smirked at his reaction.

'Can I comment on that?', he asked in a husky voice.

'Sure, if you play for the other team', I said and he rolled his eyes at me while I laughed at him.

'You had me so turned on you know?', he asked and I winked at him.

'What did you think? Female strippers at my party?', I asked with an amused expression.

'A guy can hope', he said with a shrug.

'You're unbelievable Payne', I said and pulled my closer to him so that my hands were on his chest while his arms were around my waist.

'And you love me', he said and placed his lips on mine.

'Hmm, true', I said into the kiss and he smiled as he kissed me even deeper.

From the corner of my eye, I caught Mama looking as if she could murder us and I realized that Liam had noticed this too because he shifted our position a bit so that she could see.

'Cheeky', I said as I gently pulled away.

'Rebellious would be better', he said and I giggled.

'Seriously Elizabeth, you have no idea how much I wanted to kiss you when I saw you in that dress', he said in my ear and I raised my eyebrows at him.

'Actually, more than just kiss you', he whispered and I blushed.

'Don't go shy on me now, you're the one who tried to seduce me that night, remember?', he asked and my cheeks colored as I remembered my drunken state at prom.

'Oh please don't bring that up', I pleaded as I rested my head on his chest and I could feel his body vibrate as he chuckled.

'Cruella alert', said Britney as she came up to me.

'What does she want?', I asked.

'You up front, now fix your lips, you too Liam', said Britney and Liam quickly wiped his mouth and smirked at the red color on his hand.

'Gotta go', I said and he nodded with a wink.

'Are you insane?!', hissed Mama as I sat down next to Adrian.

'Good evening to you as well, Mama', I said sweetly.

'You will act orderly', she snapped and I raised an eyebrow at her,

'Mrs. White, let her off tonight', said Adrian and for a moment I was stunned and I could tell Britney was too as her mouth hung wide open.

'It is her last night as a single woman, she might as well enjoy it! You won't have to worry about anything starting tomorrow', he said with a fake smile.

'And there's the jerk we all missed', said Britney and I snorted a laugh which made everyone look at me.

'Friends and family', interrupted a voice and I looked up to find Daddy on stage with a wine glass.

'Thank you for being here tonight. As you all know, my little Rose is getting married tomorrow', he said and everyone clapped.

Yay.

Clap for my misery.

'I'm not going to bore you with a speech, that's for tomorrow', he said and we all laughed. 

'I just wanted to say, follow your heart Rose, even if it leads you to a cliff. You will either fly or you will swim because I know you are not one to drown or get lost in the dark. Just jump, you will be caught', he said with a wink and tears filled my eyes as I understood the coded message he had given to me.

'Thank you Daddy', I mouthed and he blew a kiss at me.

'Alright! Enjoy yourselves!', he exclaimed and the band that Mama hired started to play some lively tunes.

The rest of the evening dragged by with me faking smiles at everyone who came to congratulate me and also meeting relatives who I never even knew I had.

'And when will you provide me with a grand child?', asked Adrian's grandmother, Meredith.

I choked on my champagne and Britney had to pat my head to get the bubbly goodness out of my head.

'Excuse me?', I squeaked.

'Well I need some before I die', she said.

'Adrian counts as a grandchild Meredith, that should be enough for you to die in peace', said Grandma as she sipped her wine.

'Burrrrrnnn', whispered Britney and I couldn't help but grin at my Grandma's come back.

'You know what I mean Eve', said Meredith.

'Yes and believe that it's none of your business as well', she replied without batting an eye.

Damn my Grandma was on fire!

'Don't worry Grandma, you'll be expecting grand kids sooner than you think, I mean it's me she's marrying', said Adrian as he put an arm around Meredith with a smug expression.

Son of a gun.

'Yes she's marrying you, not a horny teenage boy or it seems', said Grandma and he gaped at her but before he could open his mouth again, she said, 'Oh and the alternative is considered as domestic violence', she said with a shrug.

I couldn't take it anymore so I ended up laughing with Britney and Grandma had a very smug expression as she drained her glass.

'I meant that she wouldn't be able to keep her hands off of me', he said rather proudly.

Well that's rich.

'Oh yes, it would be extremely difficult to keep these hands off of you, especially our neck', I said innocently.

'Would you like some ice?', asked Britney as she grabbed some from the wine bucket but before he could reply, there was a tapping noise and we turned to find Louis on stage with his usual smug expression.

'Good evening folks! We thought we could lighten this old party up a bit, it felt to stuffy, so here's to our super talented dear friend Lizzie!', he exclaimed and everyone cheered.

Leave it to Louis to speak the truth and get everyone hyped.

'Take it away Payno!', he exclaimed and a guitar chord began as the lights shone down on my man as he twirled his microphone and started to sing; looking straight at me.

'Oh my god', said Britney as she recognized the song while on the other hand shook my head in amusement at his rebellious selection.