Chapter-32

Hello my lovelies!!
Apparently night outs make it very difficult to fall asleep so why not update another chapter?!
This ones for penanada 💞😊
Thank you so much for your reads and votes! 💞🙌
[ELIZABETH'S P.O.V]
***********

I could feel my heartbeat sound in my ear.

I had no idea what his answer would be and I knew that whatever the outcome would be...It would kill me anyway with a broken heart.

'I've been thinking about that as well', he said and I looked into his brown eyes.

'And what is it?', I asked softly.

'Ever since I broke up with Danielle, I didn't think that I could ever love anyone else like I had loved her. When she left, she took everything I believed along with her', he said and I heard his voice waver a bit.

I felt sorry for him but I didn't want the final answer to be that I was just some rebound.

'Since then, I've been afraid to fall in love again. It's not the fear of the commitment but the fear of the pain of losing someone who meant so much to you and knowing that you no longer mean anything to them', he said.

I sat beside him and continued to just listen to what he had to say.

'But now, I don't feel afraid anymore', he said and looked at me.

'What changed that?', I asked out of breath.

'This girl who I collided with at an airport bathroom', he said and I laughed.

'So, I made you brave?', I asked.

'Not just brave Elizabeth, you taught me to believe in love again because I see love in you every single day and second that I spend with you', he said.

I smiled and he gently lifted my face to his.

'I knew that I felt something ever since I first laid my eyes on you but I denied it because I wasn't sure', he said.

'And you are now?', I asked.

'Every single time I touch you or when I kiss you, everything seems to just come together and I feel like nothing can destroy me. You make me strong with every single thing that you do to me', he said and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

'You asked me what we were and I think I have the answer to that', he said and I looked at him.

'I know that I can't spend a moment without you now and that I would die if I didn't get to taste your cherry flavoured chap-stick everyday', he said and I giggled.

'I know that I like you a lot. I like you very very much', he said and looked at me for a response.

I placed my hand on his face and he leaned into it.

'I fell for you the day you asked me whether I had makeup with me', I said and he chuckled.

'And I know that I'm letting every single stone of my heart's wall crumble just to let you in', I said and he leaned his head to mine.

'I know that I like you a lot too and I know that I can't bear to spend a second of the day without your eyes searching my soul', I said and he smiled.

He leaned in and placed his soft lips on mine and I kissed him back. It was like we were meant to be together, like our bodies knew that they belonged to eachother.

He lifted me onto him so that he was on the couch and I on top. I felt his hands move up my back and I let mine travel to his head. The kiss deepened as our tongues met and he slowly took his kisses towards my neck.

I felt shivers down my spine as he nibbled on my neck and I in turn caressed his chest as his hands slowly made their way to the bottom of my shirt.

The touch of his hands on my now exposed skin made me gasp and he looked at me worried. 'Is there something wrong?', he asked. 'No, I just didn't...', I trailed off and he gave me an assuring smile. 'It's alright if you're not ready for any of that', he said and I blushed. 'I mean it, I will never force you to do anything like that. Not until you want me to', he said and I smiled.

I ran my hand through his hair and he smiled at me as I kissed his hand softly.

'I don't know what I'm going to do when you go back to Texas', he said and that was when my real life came in to haunt me.

'What's the matter?', he asked as I sat myself straight on the couch.

'I was just thinking about what you said', I said and he looked at me.

'About me going back to Texas', I said and he frowned.

'We'll find a way', he said.

'If only if it were that simple', I said and he quickly had me in his arms.

'Believe me Liz, I'm going to everything that I possibly can to keep you by my side', he said.

'But I can't travel with you Liam. I can't be with you like El can with Lou. I have a degree to complete and besides I wasn't even supposed to be here', I said.

'I'll wait', he said.

This was getting complicated by the minute.

I had no idea how to tell him that I was engaged.

'It's not that simple', I said and got up to leave.

'But I thought you said you wanted this to work out', he said.

'I do Liam, I do with my whole heart, but right now, I have a lot of other things that need to be sorted out', I said.

'What kind of things?', he asked.

'I can't tell you now', I said and he frowned.

I knelt beside him and held his head in my hands and said, 'Believe me, I'll let you know', I said and he nodded as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

'I'm gonna go and take a shower, alright?', I said and he nodded.

I was replaying what had just happened in my head as I gathered what I needed for my shower. I closed the cupboard door and I almost screamed when I saw Zayn behind it with his hands crossed and his eyes seemed to be scanning me.

'God, you scared me!', I gasped and he smirked.

'What's wrong?', I asked.

'You're hiding something, Britney', he said and I gulped.

'Why would you say that?', I asked trying to keep my voice steady.

He shrugged, 'I dunno. I've just been observing you and I realized that you're hiding something important', he said.

'I think they shone those lights a little too much on you today', I said but he blocked my way to the bathroom.

Okay.

Now I was freaking out.

Zayn was not the type of person you could fool especially when his eyes just seemed to scan you like some sort of X-ray.

'I'm, not gonna push you about it but just don't end up getting Liam hurt', he said and walked away.