078☠

Updated because it's the 4th of July, so happy 4th of July to my American readers🇺🇸🎉

ALSO LONG ASS A/N TO READ IF YOU'RE INTERESTED 😛

I would really suggest you listen to this song (if you haven't heard it ) before or maybe after the chapter because the lyrics link in with what happens halfway through the chapter, like literally :)

Song: Jet Pack Blues by Fall Out Boy

✖️✖️✖️

H A R R Y 🔫

A month later

Depression. It was a strange feeling. It was always over me, casting its shadow on my life, holding me back from moving on. It followed me like a black shadow, haunting me, feeding on me like a decomposer. With Scarlett's death, I was standing on the brink of something I couldn't describe. Almost as if I was on the edge of a cliff, and the bottom was the devilish pits of darkness beyond measure. But the weight of it all was pressing down on my shoulders, the pain, the guilt, and the sadness. It practically shoved me off the cliff, into the darkness down there where hands grab and pull me deeper and deeper into the abyss.

I was ripped away from my dark thoughts when my eyes detected two black sleek cars pull up at the entrance of the cemetery. It was Scarlett's funeral day. But here I was, standing at the top of a grassy hill under a shady tree, watching a group of people all dressed in black make their way to the part of cemetery belonging to The Organization.

I didn't want to be there for the funeral at all. Mainly because I couldn't bring myself to actually attend it, something inside of me was strongly against it so I didn't go. Also, Spencer was there, and him and I weren't exactly seeing eye to eye lately. He hated my guts.

The Organization was mourning for Scarlett, which was somewhat of a surprise. The only other person we ever mourned for was Russell, as he was truly loved by everybody and the star of The Organization. But Scarlett? She may have not been the most successful assassin, but she was the most good-hearted one.

People admired that for some reason. They admired that she barely ever succumbed to killing, and always tried to risk her life for others. Although, there were some people indeed who disliked her and thought that she was weak for not doing the one thing assassins actually do, which is killing people, they envied her for being brave. They also admired her for the fact that she survived that fall during her first mission, called her a 'Phoenix' for 'rising out of the ashes', stronger than before.

A couple of days ago Ford sent a few people back to Norway to retrieve Scarlett's body. I wasn't allowed to go, for obvious reasons. So I waited, impatiently, thinking that I would have some sort of relief if her body was actually there and that she would be able to receive a proper funeral. But unfortunately, the people came back empty-handed. They said that Ford's ally gave them all the help they needed to retrieve the body. But they had searched the whole river around the cliff and found nothing.

I found that extremely suspicious and spent weeks pestering Vlad to do something about it. I made them go back again and search the entire river again, and told them to check every shore just incase her body was washed up. At the end, Vlad forced me to give up. Who would want Scarlett's dead body? He questioned, and I simply shook my head.

I gave up at that point, because even though we checked everywhere, literally everywhere, she just wasn't there. It's not like she's alive or something, that fall would've definitely killed her said Ford, while Damien had to hold me back from lurching at him.