112☠

Okay so there'll be like shit loads of time skips in the next few chapters !!!! I'm still unsure of how many chapters are left before I end the book with the epilogue but I promise I'll tell u guys when it's like three chapters away ❤️

[WARNING: HEAVY SEXUAL CONTENT 😏]

Happy Reading xx

t.m.

✖️✖️✖️

S C A R L E T T 💣

A year later...

The bombing of The Organization marked a new beginning that night a year ago. Even though we barely had a proper base to resume our training and assassin lives, we somehow managed to stay strong and move past the obstacles that blocked our path. Within a year, using the money Ford left behind for Zia, we managed to create a new base; one that was bigger and better than before. We made sure to get rid of Omega for good and returned to our position at the top of the hierarchy of assassin organizations.

After that night, Harry and I found it hard to leave The Organization as we had a family there. Also, it was because Harry had numerous injuries that took time to heal. For the year that we continued to stay at The Organization, no threats had come up so far. We had asked Zia if we could stay and perhaps help train the younger recruits rather than participant in Valkyrie's missions until we figured out what our next step was.

Harry and I often spoke about our future together, where we would go once we finally decide to retire from our assassin lives. He was having a hard time believing that his promise to me was going to come true, and I was sure once it would happen he'd believe it. Marriage and kids actually barely came up during our conversations; it was more like moving out to another country and just living together.

It was as if now that we weren't properly involved with all the missions and problems The Organization faced, we had nothing on our plate, which meant we did everything at a leisurely pace. We weren't rushing into retiring and leaving The Organization as there wasn't an urgent reason to do so, in my opinion. We had all the time in the world, and we knew we would do it eventually. But there was also that part of me that nagged me to think more about it, saying that threats can come up out of nowhere and sooner or later Valkyrie will ask Harry and I to help out, pulling us back into what we've been trying to get out of this whole time.

"Scarlett?" Harry's raspy voice tugged my out of my thoughts, causing me to peer up at him, setting my journal down on my lap.

"Yeah?"

"Can you give me a back massage?" he asked me quietly, jutting out his pink lower lip, making me chuckle softly, nodding in response.

"Sure, baby."

He tugged his t-shirt over his head, laying it on the bed before climbing onto the bed and lying on his stomach. I straddled his lean waist, before placing my hands on his warm back and began massaging it. I did a few long, broad strokes down and up his back, using my palms. Soft groans escaped his lips as I eased the knots in his back, using my thumbs to put firm pressure on them, trying not to make him grimace in pain. Once I finished taking care of all the knots in his back, Harry thanked me quietly before he slowly turned onto his back, gazing up at me as I straddled his waist.

Our gazes connected for a moment, burning intensely into each other's as his hands glided up the tops of my bare thighs. I was only in my lace underwear, barely concealed by my dusty rose-colored satin robe. My teeth sunk into my lower lip as my skin tingled under his warm touch, wanting him to touch me everywhere. I shifted my hips forwards when I felt his thumbs trace my hipbones, causing him to breathe in sharply when my core brushed the bulge in his boxers.