Chapter 1: Lies Lies Lies

Isabella woke up with the noise of the vacuum cleaner coming from the living room. She brushed her teeth, put her long dark hair in a pony tail and went downstairs to eat breakfast. When she got to the end of the stairs she saw her dad cleaning the couch.

"Dad? What are you doing?" The little brunette girl asked.

"Good morning honey. I let some crumbs fall all over this" he said laughing and Isabella laughed too.

"There's apple juice waiting for you" he said.

Apple juice was one of Bella's favorite.

She smile and headed to the kitchen counter. She had breakfast while John finished cleaning the couch which took about 5 minutes.

After John was done he sat next to her in the kitchen.

"I have a surgery this afternoon. Do you want to go to the hospital with me?" He asked.

"How long will it be?" The 8 year-old asked with a look of wonder.

"I don't know about 4 hours maybe" he answered. Bella looked interested.

"Well, Callie will be there. I'm pretty sure you guys can hang out." John said.

"Dad, she's probably going to be on surgery too" Bella pointed out knowing Callie also had a busy schedule.

"You can hang out with someone else" he said smiling.

"Dad you said this two days ago and I spent the entire day by myself at the cafeteria reading." She said not convinced.

"I thought you liked that" John smiled.

"Sometimes I do. But-" she said and he interrupted her.

"See you do like it. Come on. Honey, I don't want to leave you in the house alone again. Your break from school needs to be fun and not you just staying inside the entire time"

"Well dad when I'm there I'm inside too" she said.

"Very funny Belly. But seriously I don't want you home by yourself and Cameron is busy so you are going alright?" He said smiling at her.

"So apparently sir, you already made a decision"

"Go get ready" John said smiling. Isabella hopped of the chair and gave him a hug.

"Good morning daddy." She smiled.

"Actually good afternoon. It's almost 1. Sleepy head" John said letting out a little laugh. Isabella smiled and went upstairs to change.

She took a shower and got dressed. The usual jeans, a t-shirt and her black doc martins. She just loved the boots her mom gave her. She let her hair lay and put a hair tie on her wrist just for precaution. She got her bag and put two books in it. At the moment she was almost done reading 'The Understudy' and was going to begin 'The 100'. She also packed her iPad and some skittles and she was ready. She went downstairs and found her dad sitting in the kitchen waiting for her.

"You're ready?" He asked.

"Yup." She said.

They went to the car.

The ride to the hospital was alright. Bella did that too many times to pay attention to the outside still so she just turned the music on and sang along with it.
John smiled, he could hear his girl sing all day long.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

At the hospital they went in to find Shepherd, Isabella's godfather, in the hall talking to Callie. They seemed happy to see Bella.