Chapter 40: Lost

It was 8:30 when Emily texted Bella again.

'We are almost done here. I'll be home soon'

When Bella didn't answer again she felt deep inside that there was something wrong. She tried calling and no one picked up. She tried again and nothing. She tried one more time and nothing.

"Shit" she said standing up.

"Is everything okay?" Derek asked.

"She's not answering me" Emily said starting to walk. Derek stood up and walked after her.

"Hey" he said grabbing her arm.

"There's something wrong Derek." She said with a very concerned and scared face. Just the thought of something bad happening to her baby made her head pound.

"Trace her phone" Derek said.

"That's what I'm going to do" she said and they walked to Penelope's office.

"Garcia can you trace Bella's phone for me?" Emily asked walking in.

"What? Bella's phone?" Penelope asked confused. "What happened?" She asked terrified when she saw their faces.

"I think there's something wrong. Just check it for me, please" Emily said.

"Okay" Garcia said turning back to face the computer. She typed some stuff and the location appeared on the screen.

"She's at home" Penelope said relieved.

"I'm gonna call again" Emily said. She called twice.

"Nothing" she said. "She's not home" she said trying her best to not panic.

"Calm down you don't know that. She can be asleep okay? You don't know" Derek said.

"I know" Emily said and took a deep breath.

"Let's go check" Derek said.

"I'm going too" Penelope said and they left.

The entire ride Emily felt like she was about to explode. What if someone took her baby. She called Hilary from the car and asked if Bella was there. Hilary said no and asked why. Emily said that Bella wasn't answering her and she thought that since Chloe went there that maybe Bella had gone to Hilary's apartment. Then Hilary said that Chloe didn't go there, she said Chloe stayed home.
Emily's heart sank.

"Oh God" she said after hanging up.

"What happened?" Penelope asked.

"Chloe was never there. Bella lied to me" she said heartbroken.

"What? She wouldn't do that" Penelope said with tears in her eyes.

"She did" Emily said.

.

They ran to the apartment. Walking in Emily saw the alarm was on. So that was good sign. She also saw the door to the office was open. She got her gun out and walked in.

"The printer is on" she said.

"Her stuff is in here" Derek said from the living room. Emily went over there. She just knew something happened. "She left her phone here" she said.

"Guys, she's probably upstairs" Garcia said with tears in her eyes, scared something bad actually happened to the girl.

Derek went up the stairs and he was followed by Emily. They checked Emily's bedroom first, nothing. Then went to Bella's, nothing. They checked the rest of the house and nothing.

"She's not here" Emily said feeling her heart pounding.

"We'll find her" Derek said and Emily ran back to her bedroom. She took the pillows off and she didn't find a blanket.