Chapter 64: Is It Wrong To Be Happy?

At the BAU, Derek carried sleeping Bella inside. They walked in to find the team waiting for them.

"What happened?" Penelope said really scared as she saw Bella in Derek's arms.

"She's okay" Emily said as Penelope looked like she was about to cry.

"What exactly happened?" JJ asked worried.

"Vanessa happened" Derek said sitting down. Bella made herself comfortable in the new position and didn't even wake up. Penelope pushed some hair off the girl's face.

"Are you sure she's okay?" Garcia asked Emily.

"Yes. She sprained her wrist but she's alright" Emily said.

"And what does Vanessa have to do with that?" JJ asked.

"Vanessa was talking to Bella, Chloe and Gavin, and apparently Bella stepped in front of Chloe to shield her from Vanessa and the girl got mad and pushed her." Emily said.

"Oh God" Penelope said.

"Bella landed on her hand first so they took her to the hospital" Emily said.

"It's just sprained then?" JJ asked.

"Yeah. She's asleep because of the pain medicine but she'll be fine" Emily said.

"How can that girl be so mean?" Garcia said. She had not taken her eyes off Bella.

Emily made an 'I have no idea' face.

"And what happened to Vanessa?" Hotch asked.

"She was kicked out" Emily said.

"She was expelled?" Garcia asked surprised.

"Yes" Emily said.

"Oh my god. Finally" Garcia said letting out a deep breath.

They all just looked at Bella and then Emily said "well, I just came to get my things. You guys can call me if you need me for anything but she really needs a bed"

"Of course" Hotch said.

Emily walked to her desk and grabbed her bag and some files and smiled at the team.
"Could you?" She asked Derek. He knew she meant 'could you take Bella to the car' so he stood up and the girl didn't even move.

"Wow she's really out" Rossi said.

"Em, anything just call" Penelope said.

"Thank you" Emily said and started walking to the door.
Derek carried Bella to the car, Emily lowered the front seat a bit and he put the child there who stayed asleep.

"Anything just call" Morgan said.

"Thank you" Emily said really thankful that he went with her.
He gave her a small smile and she got inside the car and drove away.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Emily parked her car and woke Bella up.

"Hey, we're home baby" Emily said soothing the girl's hair. "Bella, wake up" Emily sang and Bella opened her eyes. "Hi. We're home" Emily said smiling.

They got out of the car and headed to the elevator.

"Do you want pizza for dinner today?" Emily asked.

"Sure" Bella said looking a bit down.

"Come here" Emily said and hugged the girl.

Suddenly they got to their floor.
Bella followed Emily to the door and they got inside.