Chapter 46: Unexpected

At the office Isabella went straight to Penelope's office.
"Hello" she said and the woman turned around on her chair.

"Hey peanut" Penelope said.

"Hey" Bella said.

"Your mom just left" Garcia said with a sad face.

"I know. I saw them" Bella said.

"Come here I want a hug" Penelope said and Isabella went and hugged her.
"How was school?" Garcia asked.

"fine" Isabella said walking to the couch.

"Good" Penelope smiled. "Do you have a lot of homework?" She asked as Bella sat on the couch.

"Not that much" Bella said pulling out a folder.

Bella did her homework and then watched movies on her iPad and just hung out with Penelope all day really.
The team called it a night at 12:45.

"So.. Garcia's house or Prentiss's house?" Penelope asked.

"Garcia's is fine" Bella smiled.

"Are you sure?" Penelope asked actually surprised the girl chose that.

"Yeah. We can stay at my house tomorrow probably" Bella said knowing that they probably wouldn't catch the unsub the next day with the way things were going. She did her things at the office but she was always paying attention to the cases. She couldn't help it.
So they went to Penelope's house, showered and went to bed. Isabella was so tired that she fell asleep impressively fast. Penelope stared at the girl for some time, happy she looked better and didn't seem so afraid anymore. After a while she fell asleep too.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

(Thursday)

"Good morning sunshine" Penelope said as Isabella opened her eyes.

"Hi" Bella whispered and hugged Penelope who smiled really big.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Penelope asked.

"Pancakes?" Bella asked.

"Pancakes it is" Garcia said smiling. They got up and got ready and then had breakfast. Penelope drove Bella to school and told her to go to the office afterwards.
The day at school went fine. They were released 20 minutes earlier from their art class because the teacher had a doctors appointment, so they sat on the bench close to the big steps outside the school. Isabella was sitting facing the concrete floor where some parents and nannies were waiting for all the kids to come out. After a while the bell rang and Chloe went inside to get Millie, Gavin and Bella went to the bus.
At the office she went to Penelope's office and the woman was really busy and barely talked to her. So she went to her mother's desk and stayed there doing homework, then she read a book she found at Reid's desk, and then just watched a couple of episodes of Doctor who on her iPad.

It was past 11 when Penelope walked behind her and said they were going home. The girl was almost asleep on her mother's chair.

"Can we go to your house again?" Isabella asked.

"My house?" Penelope asked surprised and the girl nodded. "Of course we can" Penelope said and they left. Isabella actually really liked Penelope's house. It was so colorful and bright. She felt like it was such a happy place and Penelope just seemed to have happy powers. She really loved her perky aunt.

The night went great. They ate Mac and cheese for dinner then showered and both went to bed. They were exhausted.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM